You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold 2: Game Help & Strategy
Moderated by ericgolf, Doomsword

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.48 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold 2: Game Help & Strategy » Stronghold 2 v1.4 Patch Released
Bottom
Topic Subject:Stronghold 2 v1.4 Patch Released
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
CaptSkubba
Bishop (VIP)
posted 09-11-07 10:41 EST (US)         
Hello,

The Stronghold 2 v1.4 patch is now available to download as of Tuesday September 11th, 15:00 GMT / 16:00 CET / 10:00 EST through the in game patching service.
The patch will update all versions of the game in all standard languages (EN-UK, EN-US, DE, ES, FR, IT)

You can also download the patch in a compressed zip file from 2K Games here.

I will edit this post to update with links of alternative places to download the patch from.

Stronghold 2 v1.4 Features

General

•Various multiplayer gameplay optimisations
•Real-Time Shadows, Bloom, Anisotropic Filtering and Anti-aliasing implemented.
•Map transfer in multiplayer lobby implemented.

Game Balancing

•Fire ballistae no longer auto fire, and targets must be selected manually (does not apply to tower mounted ballistae)

Bug Fixes

•Fixed multiple troops pushing ladders off walls repeatedly.
•Fixed bug which allowed tower mounted siege equipment to be built whilst an enemy was in close proximity.
•Auto-scrolling chat in multiplayer game lobby now fixed.
•Fixed exploit where food could be sold repeatedly during periods of latency in multiplayer games.
•Various other bug and crash fixes

Thanks
CaptSkubba and The FireFly Team

[This message has been edited by CaptSkubba (edited 09-13-2007 @ 04:24 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
anordest
Archer
posted 09-17-07 07:56 EST (US)     26 / 48       
@ Dercynus
@ Bassie

Hi. I have same problem. Have you find a solution?
If yes, can you tell me at gesualdi@lineanews.it
thanks

@ Dercynus

I have exactly the same problem. It is possible to join those games on the end of the list, but al the rest doesnt work. I installed the patch manual. How can i fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Bassie
Bassie
Archer
posted 09-17-07 17:04 EST (US)     27 / 48       
No, I didn't find a solution yet. I am going to uninstal the game, and then try a fresh installation. If that helps i will post it here.
henryhotspurs
Archer
posted 09-17-07 20:49 EST (US)     28 / 48       
It has been a long hard wait for the 1.4 patch but I am impressed that there is one!

Henry Percy called Hotspur; son of Henry Percy, 1st Earl of Northumberland; faught at the famous Battle of Otterburn; a real person transfixed by an arrow at the battle of Shrewsbury; died while attempting to overthrow King Henry IV in 1403. Hotspur was an important character in Shakespeare's HENRY IV...
poodog
Archer
posted 09-20-07 23:11 EST (US)     29 / 48       
i was excited to find out they were patching the game again.couldnt wait to play it. but very disapointed that there was no mp ai. all this time. just wanted it to be like a graphics updated version of the first. dont know why it keeps getting skipped i used to c all kinds of posts asking for it. just like most people i stopped playing for a number of issues.i guess it will never be as good as the first.
cumapmap
Archer
posted 10-12-07 12:56 EST (US)     30 / 48       
AHHHHHHH!!! this patch is swell except the auto fire of the ballista no longer works. How annoying now that I have to select the ballista(s) and tell it where to shoot. What goods the weapon if I have 10, 20, or even 30 of them and they only shoot at 1 target AT A TIME?

Please help fixing this option so that users be able to decide whether he/she wants to shoot AUTO/MANUAL.

Thanks!
Lord Tanthos
Archer
posted 10-12-07 16:14 EST (US)     31 / 48       
The point of that update (an excellent one by the way) is to prevent players from buying 50+ ballistae and then laying waste to everything. Siege warfare is now in, siege weapon warfare is now out.

Known elsewhere as Planewalker.
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 10-12-07 18:56 EST (US)     32 / 48       
Yes, I already miss the mass ballistae volley firing automatically.

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\¦| Seraph |¦//--/_____/
\\//\\//
°ºº°
gloomy
Archer
posted 10-13-07 18:14 EST (US)     33 / 48       
I disagree with the auto fire removal. I would tend to set up 3 or 4 fire ballistas at various checkpoints. Because some people use this exploit to ruin the game? Don't play with those people. Don't rely on exploits yourself. We don't need the option removed. For those of us who play the game as it is intended, we're being punished by having a useful feature removed because some other people can't resist themselves.

So now i have a choice. I can play without the great ladder pushing fix of the new patch, but lose my ballistas, or I can drop the new patch but have ladder pushing be pointless, and therefore castles too easy to access.

This is a no win scenario for me. They could have at least left this as a "strong walls" type option like in the original game.
Lord Tanthos
Archer
posted 10-13-07 18:51 EST (US)     34 / 48       
Use the troop groupings (Ctrl 1-9) to more easily select your ballistae and fire them. Hope this tip helps.

gloomy
Archer
posted 10-14-07 02:09 EST (US)     35 / 48       
The effort is appreciated. Unfortunately, while it is a good suggestion in general for troop management, it doesn't really help my circumstance. My preference is to play large (single player) maps with multiple chokepoints. I set up a few ballista (with knights and a handful of horse archers and light cavalry on aggressive to defend them). This usually keeps the smaller bits of enemy troops at bay while I manage other aspects of my army.
Lord Tanthos
Archer
posted 10-14-07 02:34 EST (US)     36 / 48       
I see.

Can they be set to attack ground permanently? (I think they can in Legends.) It's the closest you could get at this point without manual use.

gloomy
Archer
posted 10-14-07 04:09 EST (US)     37 / 48       
Not a bad idea. Thanks. I'll give it a try soon.
Oleoresin
Archer
posted 10-15-07 07:21 EST (US)     38 / 48       
After geting the download I am not longer able to play the game all I see is a white screen.

Thanks
Damnschool
Archer
posted 10-15-07 09:10 EST (US)     39 / 48       
Not really interested in a patch really. Dont get me wrong though, its great for those who need it to run the game.

But to be honest i rather see some mod tools as its the only thing that can breath new life into this game. Great things could be achived by letting us alter the apperance and mechanics of the game. Just look at Rome: total war the mods are vast and there is still tones of people playing that game and have one of the most active community in the genre. mostly thanks to the mods and the impact they have over the original game. Anyone played EB? its like night and day within the same game, or engine.

Tools like that keeps the masses interested in the company and its future games.

I dont see why stronghold shouldent have any tools as it is just as fun as any other game. But to keep the fans in the same limited square will only make the game stale and people starts to leave and never come back. That happened in a recent game warhammer:mark of chaos. They made a game with lots of potential but it all fell short with the abscent of any kind of tools whatsoever and look how it stands now. There's like 30 people playing online and like 50 active members on the official website. See a trend here?.

Stronghold could be so much more if we just could do the simpliest things like alter unit values or add things to the game. Bloom and shaders its just worthless (no offence) it dosent add any value into the game and it dosent turn any eyes towards it.

Ok i shut up now

[This message has been edited by Damnschool (edited 10-15-2007 @ 09:33 AM).]

sledrider44
Archer
posted 10-29-07 20:12 EST (US)     40 / 48       
anyone help...last week i had the 1.4 patch and worked great had to redownload the patch and now the progam says im missing a file called d3dx9_27.dll...anyone know anything about this?
Alex Poff
Archer
posted 10-30-07 23:55 EST (US)     41 / 48       
I am actually quite amazed to see a new patch for this game. What has it been, almost 2 years since 1.3?

I understand it still does not give AI in MP, correct?

Someone mentioned that there didn't seem to be a lot of fuss about the new patch. I think that is because almost everyone has given up on this game a long time ago. Also, from what I can see, not much is actually in the patch. Other than apparently getting a lot of people upset about losing the auto-firing balista's, I can't see anything else that has happened.

Now, if it makes multi-player connectivity work better than in 1.3, that would be a bonus, because it was terrible before.
Tarbo
Archer
posted 10-31-07 06:42 EST (US)     42 / 48       
Perhaps we should be happy there is little fuss around the 1.4 update. I'm confident the reaction would be overwhelming, but not entirely on the positive end.

When people say they wish a patch, they mean they wish to see specific issues fixed. As it turns out, 1.4 managed to skirt between many issues and ultimately avoid the--in my opinion--most glaring ones. So it doesn't matter what features (like bloom) were introduced: the program still doesn't do what it boasts to.

I don't want outsiders deciding Gamespy is a better provider than my LAN. I don't want a new checkbox on the graphics configuration panel. I don't want new security that dictates what software I should or should not run. I want what I paid for. Barring that, I want either a formal apology or a commitment to fix this game. Is that really too much civility to ask?

I can accept a lot of work and time may have gone into the update, so I'm not looking at the individual developers. But whoever's in charge of this project needs to get his/her priorities sorted out, because this bait-'n-switch is becoming ludicrous.

"She displayed amazing skill in squeezing epic mistakes in tiny opportunities."
"You haven't had enough coffee until you can sneeze with your eyes open."
"Education should be treated like an expensive watch: never struck out just to show you have one."
"Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual."
King of Scots
Archer
posted 10-31-07 17:33 EST (US)     43 / 48       
Agreed. The 1.4 has significant issues in the map editor, too. I don't need new checkboxes and internet options, I want a better game. All 1.4 did for me was ruin any maps I made with it. I want that apology and I want the game fixed, or I see no reason to continue to trust FireFly's products.

Alba an Aigh

Canada, eh!?
SirWhiteWolf
Archer
posted 10-31-07 19:00 EST (US)     44 / 48       
Just switch back to version 1.3.1. That's what I did. It's a lot better than 1.4 in my opinion.

O, Thou hast damnable iteration: and art, indeed, able to corrupt a saint. ~William Shakespear, Henry IV, part:I, act i, scene ii
King of Scots
Archer
posted 10-31-07 23:53 EST (US)     45 / 48       
I already did. I'm just ticked that a patch that was supposed to fix the game actually screwed it up.

Alba an Aigh

Canada, eh!?
mik99925
Archer
posted 11-12-07 00:51 EST (US)     46 / 48       
Sledrider, I think i had the same problem as you. (except that i never got to play the game with the patch) The patch disabled the game by removing one file, and the name looked quite a bit like the one you listed. (It did begin with a "d" and had the extension ".dll")

[This message has been edited by mik99925 (edited 11-12-2007 @ 00:51 AM).]

SirWhiteWolf
Archer
posted 11-12-07 03:51 EST (US)     47 / 48       
I just fought this really annoying guy that had about 10 ghost horses (AKA: Un-killable Knights). So I can obviously see that the patch did not fix that glitch.

O, Thou hast damnable iteration: and art, indeed, able to corrupt a saint. ~William Shakespear, Henry IV, part:I, act i, scene ii
StormKeeper
Archer
posted 11-13-07 16:57 EST (US)     48 / 48       
I've seen a glitch on MP that let siege equipment(cats and ballistas mainly) move on the side of a cliff. How many others have seen this?

Honestly, even if you destroy a city or two, I'll still be a thorn. One thing people seem to forget:

I'll always have my troops.

Just talk to a few people online that've played against me.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames