You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold 2: Game Help & Strategy
Moderated by ericgolf, Doomsword

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.31 replies, Sticky, Closed
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold 2: Game Help & Strategy » NO Warez, CD-Cracks, trainers etc allowed on HeavenGames
Bottom
Topic Subject:NO Warez, CD-Cracks, trainers etc allowed on HeavenGames
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Merepatra
HG Alumnus
posted 04-21-05 03:24 EST (US)         
ABSOLUTELY NO Linking to, providing, or discussions of Warez, CD-cracks or other piracy is allowed on these forums
Trangressions will result in permanent account suspension without warning or notice.
See our Code of Conduct for more details.

NO Trainers allowed
We take a firm stand against trainers as they will, especially in a multi-player, rated, or tournament environment, do more harm than good.

For single play, they lead to people to be bad players as they come to depend on the cheats. If you want to mess up your gaming skills, by all means go ahead, but don't expect help from us.

Heavengames does not host trainers and moderators will suspend the forum accounts of people that admit to use of trainers to cheat in multiplayer games.

[This message has been edited by Merepatra (edited 04-21-2005 @ 03:34 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Elladan Nauranca
Archer
posted 04-25-05 18:01 EST (US)     1 / 31       
Since you accept the code of conduct upon registering, what is the need for this topic?

No offense intended.

I agree 100% with this statement.

Supa_Psyche:
If you're reading this: You're prettier than what you think, your hips aren't as big as you think they are, and you're smarter than you give yourselves credit for.

Know where to find the information and how to
use it - That's the secret of success.

When there is no peril in the fight there is no glory in the triumph.

[This message has been edited by Elladan Nauranca (edited 04-25-2005 @ 06:02 PM).]

Kester
Seraph Emeritus
posted 04-25-05 18:27 EST (US)     2 / 31       

Quote:

Since you accept the code of conduct upon registering, what is the need for this topic?

Primarily to stave off any discussions that would get people banned. A few topics have come very close...

.--.- Kester -.--.
-.--.- deviations .--. flickr .--. gamertag -.--.-
.--.- if (Kester.says("Zen! Get online")) { zen.status("online") } -.--.
Elladan Nauranca
Archer
posted 04-25-05 19:37 EST (US)     3 / 31       

Quoted from Kester at 04-25-05 18:27 EST (US):

Primarily to stave off any discussions that would get people banned. A few topics have come very close...

Hmm. That's right. Some need it. Like me, I guess...

Therefore I apologise for any complaints about my use of colorful speech. Mea culpa.

With all due respect,
Elladan

Supa_Psyche:
If you're reading this: You're prettier than what you think, your hips aren't as big as you think they are, and you're smarter than you give yourselves credit for.

Know where to find the information and how to
use it - That's the secret of success.

When there is no peril in the fight there is no glory in the triumph.

zenorak
Archer
posted 05-11-05 03:09 EST (US)     4 / 31       
Edited by Merepatra

Read this again and understand when we say NO Trainers allowed, we do mean no discussion about nor linking to them allowed at all.

Quote:

NO Trainers allowed
We take a firm stand against trainers as they will, especially in a multi-player, rated, or tournament environment, do more harm than good.

For single play, they lead to people to be bad players as they come to depend on the cheats. If you want to mess up your gaming skills, by all means go ahead, but don't expect help from us.

[This message has been edited by Merepatra (edited 05-11-2005 @ 03:26 AM).]

Kazmeister
Archer
posted 05-11-05 03:36 EST (US)     5 / 31       
If you have used a "trainer", you may want to consider that most "trainers" are actually fronts for trojans, spyware, or other malware.

I strongly suggest you:

A. Uninstall the trainer, or just delete it if you can't.

B. Empty your recycle bin.

C. Run a thorough virus scan on your pc.

D. Don't be so naive in the future.

In that order.

-Kaz-

[This message has been edited by Kazmeister (edited 05-11-2005 @ 03:36 AM).]

Broken Clock2
Banned
posted 05-12-05 21:45 EST (US)     6 / 31       
Edited by Merepatra

[This message has been edited by Merepatra (edited 05-12-2005 @ 10:31 PM).]

Urko2005
Archer
posted 05-12-05 21:58 EST (US)     7 / 31       
Your not clever

As i said in another reply there are 'ways' of getting your point across, your is the wrong way.

[This message has been edited by Urko2005 (edited 05-12-2005 @ 10:00 PM).]

Sir Kaa
Archer
posted 05-12-05 22:31 EST (US)     8 / 31       
Never Mind!

His post was edited.

[This message has been edited by Sir Kaa (edited 05-12-2005 @ 10:39 PM).]

Hatchet Joe
Archer
posted 05-12-05 22:46 EST (US)     9 / 31       
I've found about 3 more of those posts mixed into the various recent threads.

All repeat spam posts promoting the pirate copy.

Kazmeister
Archer
posted 05-13-05 01:23 EST (US)     10 / 31       
Fine. And I hope the pirate copy is virus-riddled too. People thought they had issues with the legal copy.

"I used to be a full time psychopath, but the hours sucked, so I quit. Now I kill people for a living, and I've never been happier." -Kaz
Estel Evanon
Archer
posted 05-16-05 22:19 EST (US)     11 / 31       
What are warez?
Kester
Seraph Emeritus
posted 05-16-05 22:33 EST (US)     12 / 31       
Warez is pirated software.

.--.- Kester -.--.
Kazmeister
Archer
posted 05-16-05 22:51 EST (US)     13 / 31       
Warez is to Pirated Software as Sanitation Engineer is to Garbage Man.

Burntime
Archer
posted 05-17-05 21:06 EST (US)     14 / 31       
...as President is to Bush

hehehe

bdpjap
Archer
posted 05-17-05 21:13 EST (US)     15 / 31       
Why do most forums feel a need to get political? And why not "as Dictator is to Kim Jong-Il"? Those Americans must be doing something right...
Burntime
Archer
posted 05-17-05 22:35 EST (US)     16 / 31       

Quote:

Those Americans must be doing something right...

Let's see : microsoft - nope, ford - nope, democracy - nope, enron - nope, war.... hmmm... nope...

Sorry.. couldn't resist. The dark force was strong..

I appologize for going political, althou i am tempted to add, that Bush has as much to do with politics as a toddler has with quantum physics. Luckily I am only tempted

"as Dictator is to Kim Jong-Il" ...nothin wrong with that.

lol76
Banned
posted 05-17-05 23:05 EST (US)     17 / 31       
Edited--Kester

[This message has been edited by Kester (edited 05-17-2005 @ 11:13 PM).]

Kester
Seraph Emeritus
posted 05-17-05 23:13 EST (US)     18 / 31       
So much for my anti-piracy thread.

.--.- Kester -.--.
Sir Kaa
Archer
posted 05-17-05 23:25 EST (US)     19 / 31       
Don't feel too bad. I'm sure it still got the point across.

You would think though that since the topic of the thread is clear, people would't admit to it on this thread of all places *sigh* At least you have the rest of us to hassle

Burntime
Archer
posted 05-18-05 00:37 EST (US)     20 / 31       
sorry kester
matteo
Archer
posted 06-21-05 15:31 EST (US)     21 / 31       
Does anyone know if there's a patch or update that will allow play without the cd. Please note that I am not looking for a crack but am only wondering if there is a real patch from 2k or FF. I have a hard time remembering to take my disc to school, and when I do remember I always leave it there, and am often without my game for the entire weekend. If there is a valid update it would be most helpful.
REL749
Archer
posted 06-21-05 17:00 EST (US)     22 / 31       
First off, why would the devs make and release their own disc protection remover? This would make putting any protection on in the first place totally useless and a waste of money.

Edited by Merepatra. REL, this came far too close to breaking our rules on piracy. No discussions on bypassing cd security are allowed.

GA-K8N Pro-SLI | AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ | 2x512 Corsair XMS PC-3200 | eVGA 7800GT OC 256MB SLi | 3DMark06 - 3942

[This message has been edited by Merepatra (edited 06-21-2005 @ 05:55 PM).]

Chach7776
Banned
posted 06-21-05 17:09 EST (US)     23 / 31       
please don't susspend me but I have a question.so your saying that if we say that we use trainers in MP then we will be suspended.but whatabout if we say we use trainers in single player.will we be suspended then?cause not that I use trainers it's just wondering.
Merepatra
HG Alumnus
posted 06-21-05 17:59 EST (US)     24 / 31       
Chach7776, you can say you use SP trainers and not get banned, but we don't want threads discussing them and we won't host them in our downloads.
Yellek
Archer
posted 08-15-05 12:26 EST (US)     25 / 31       
I agree with almost all the content here, except to the areas about copy protection. I own this games and play it alot! I hope my CD doesn't get scratched etc. (have to go buy new one) Why don't Software Developers include a function to SPAWN Play Disk!
One it could code it to my system, using Processor, Ram, User logged to Windows, and a host of other internal checks that would only work from my computer. The only function of the Play CD included in the game package is, after install to verify CD check. It does not load game content it's ALL on the hard drive. Just another thought.....

In the License Conditions..

You agree not to:
a) Commercially exploit Software
b) Distribute, sell, rent, etc etc
c) Make copies of the software or any part thereof,
EXCEPT FOR BACK UP OR ARCHIVAL PURPOSES.

You have the right to make backup, but can't. ie. COPY PROTECTION

I would bet HALF of all Copy's made are made becuase people like Me hate the CD swap, hunt for misplaced CD, when we switch games. If I had a Spawn disk I could leave it lay around and not worry about putting it away to prevent damage.

It is a pain to have to find my Risk 2 disk one Day, then hunt down Generals, then try to remember which case I put my Stronghold CD in. Get the idea.

As I said the Spawn CD would work best, if it got lost or damaged I could simply Spawn a new one. I have had other software that did this and more. Starcraft would even Spawn Multiplayer Disks for friends to use on LAN as long as ONE computer ran the original. My how times change.

Enough Said.....

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames