You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold 2: Game Help & Strategy
Moderated by ericgolf, Doomsword

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.31 replies, Sticky, Closed
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold 2: Game Help & Strategy » NO Warez, CD-Cracks, trainers etc allowed on HeavenGames
Bottom
Topic Subject:NO Warez, CD-Cracks, trainers etc allowed on HeavenGames
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Merepatra
HG Alumnus
posted 04-21-05 03:24 EST (US)         
ABSOLUTELY NO Linking to, providing, or discussions of Warez, CD-cracks or other piracy is allowed on these forums
Trangressions will result in permanent account suspension without warning or notice.
See our Code of Conduct for more details.

NO Trainers allowed
We take a firm stand against trainers as they will, especially in a multi-player, rated, or tournament environment, do more harm than good.

For single play, they lead to people to be bad players as they come to depend on the cheats. If you want to mess up your gaming skills, by all means go ahead, but don't expect help from us.

Heavengames does not host trainers and moderators will suspend the forum accounts of people that admit to use of trainers to cheat in multiplayer games.

[This message has been edited by Merepatra (edited 04-21-2005 @ 03:34 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Lurking Horror
Archer
posted 08-15-05 15:24 EST (US)     26 / 31       
Yes. And if my car gets lost or damaged I should be entitled to a free new one as well. Or my monitor. Or my clothing.

It would be nice if we could have assurances that our purchases will be forever protected. It might even be ideal. But we as consumers are in no way entitled to this. If you have a disk that gets lost or damaged, then you pay the price for your irresponsibility and purchase a new one. It's not really that big of a deal. If you are careful with your disk it is unlikely that you will have much problem. If you're not careful with it, then it's your own fault.

Yellek
Archer
posted 08-15-05 23:43 EST (US)     27 / 31       
You missed the point,YOU are entitled to a BACKUP COPY.
So why do they make it unavailable?
Thats the LAW but No one cares about the end user! (Thats YOU & ME).
Lurking Horror
Archer
posted 08-16-05 08:45 EST (US)     28 / 31       

Quoted from Yellek:

You missed the point,YOU are entitled to a BACKUP COPY.
So why do they make it unavailable?
Thats the LAW but No one cares about the end user! (Thats YOU & ME).

I'm sorry, but having been on the receiving end of copyright infringement, I can not fault a company for taking whatever measures necessary to ensure the security of their property. Don't blame the companies, blame those that practice piracy. Is it unfortunate that law-abiding individuals suffer due to this? Of course. Unfortunately, it is entirely unrealistic to expect otherwise, regardless of what a shortsighted law may or may not say.

If you dislike the particular practices of a specific company, you are free not to play the games they manufacture. The company is free to put whatever restrictions on their product they want. Why should they not?

WarLord_Designs
Archer
posted 08-17-05 02:35 EST (US)     29 / 31       
Valid point but it's also true that there is always a way around it. Speaking from what i know not do there are programs that remove such obsticles eg copy right protection and further more these programs are legal.

Id say that its a waste of time because only an internet account or usb dongle (may be wrong spelling) can stop such things from happening. But there are clever people out there that can still get around it. Limewire edonkey kazza (before anyway)morpheus bearshare and so on are also major problems for developers.

Lurking Horror
Archer
posted 08-17-05 02:55 EST (US)     30 / 31       
No offense, but I think this conversation is treading into dangerous territory and would best be concluded.
Merepatra
HG Alumnus
posted 08-17-05 03:05 EST (US)     31 / 31       
You are right Lurking Horror, this is very dangerous territory. Heavengames policy on no discussion of programs that bypass copy protection is strict and not negotiable.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames