You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Jousting Ground - Stronghold's Competition Corner
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.237 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Jousting Ground - Stronghold's Competition Corner » Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader: Fantasy Scenario Competition
Bottom
Topic Subject:Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader: Fantasy Scenario Competition
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9  Next Page »
Sulis
HG Alumnus
posted 05-04-07 07:48 EST (US)         
Ladies and Gentlemen. On behalf of the staff at Stronghold Heaven, I would like to cordially invite you to compete in;

The Stronghold and Crusader Fantasy Scenario Competition

As the title suggests, we are looking for a fantasy/ficticious scenario that can be set in either Stronghold 1 or Stronghold: Crusader. The scenario content is entirely up to you, and can be based on either a siege, invasion or economic map. There are only a few limitations, which are set out below, and the competition is designed to allow you all to let your imaginations run riot!

• No freebuild scenarios or skirmish maps; we want to see full use of the editor, including any events
  • You must produce a full story and/or instructions to accompany the scenario. In addition, you must produce a separate document to explain how and why you chose the scenario, what you are trying to achieve with the map and explain any specific events, landscapes and characters
  • You may submit one Stronghold 1 map and one Stronghold: Crusader map if you wish; two maps per designer

In the case of multiple designers with one account, you can either submit maps designed by both parties, or separated individually, but clearly labelled by the individual designer.

The idea of the competition is not just to allow you to exercise your imagination, but to explore the use of the editor and complete a 'packaged' map (i.e. map, write-up, separate document and screenshots/minimap).

A few other pointers;

• Eye candy is up to the designer, however you will not be punished if you do not have great swathes of tricks littering the map
  • All entries will be judged by Sulis with assistance from other members of staff. Our decision will be final.
  • You must complete a new scenario, not a map already submitted to the downloads section (although you may use a semi-completed scenario from your hard drive as long as it has not been made public knowledge to others)
  • Entries will be judged on unique scenario design, a strong story and/or instructions, excellent use of the editor and a genuine 'feel' of fantasy or fiction throughout your scenario

The closing date for entries is 13 July 2007.

There will be two winners, one for Stronghold and one for Crusader. The winners will have a dedicated page on the site under the competitions tab with minimaps, screenshots and an introduction to the scenario, including the judges' comments. The map winners will also be added as a news item. Runners up will have minimaps and judges comments. All maps will have a link taking forumers to the relevant download.

Please submit your competition entries to Sulis@heavengames.com. Do not upload your entry to the site until after judging has taken place and the winners announced.

To all of you who play Stronghold 2 and Stronghold: Legends, your turn will be next!

No doubt there will be many questions, so please ask away

We wish you all the very best of luck!

Sincerely,

The Stronghold Heaven staff

[This message has been edited by Sulis (edited 06-07-2007 @ 10:56 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
WarLord_Designs
Archer
posted 07-22-07 01:27 EST (US)     151 / 237       
Nope not a mod, however i dont think FF intended it to happen.
heres a tutorial on how to do it: http://www.stronghold-knights.com/site/article54.html

have fun

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
Author: Thomas Paine
The Dragonheart
Archer
posted 07-23-07 06:06 EST (US)     152 / 237       
Wow thanks. Really cool. Although some things can't be done as well in Crusader. Oh well.

btw: Someone has to figger out how to put walls on top of the himalayan height. That would be awesome!
Dougleass
Archer
posted 07-23-07 14:37 EST (US)     153 / 237       
So how's it going with the judging?

Check out Rome, Duomo, Troy, and Ghost.
Also, check out my campaign! First chapter, second, third, fourth, and the fifth chapter.
Sulis
HG Alumnus
posted 07-31-07 03:08 EST (US)     154 / 237       
Going well, Dougleass. I'm over half way through playing the scenarios and making my notes. I've played each scenario at least six times to try to get a thorough understanding of what you've all worked so hard to achieve! You should all be very proud of your efforts
Dougleass
Archer
posted 07-31-07 09:34 EST (US)     155 / 237       
Sounds like alot of work, it's really cool that you do all that for this competition.
When do you think you're finished?

Also, check out my campaign! First chapter, second, third, fourth, and the fifth chapter.
Tammo VII
Archer
posted 07-31-07 22:48 EST (US)     156 / 237       
Yeah, we all really appreciate the hard hours you and the other Judges put into this, Sulis.
Sulis
HG Alumnus
posted 08-01-07 03:09 EST (US)     157 / 237       
I'm hoping to announce the results in, say, a couple of weeks? Once i'm absolutely happy that i've played each scenario to death and i've done all the write-ups, i'll need to compare my thoughts with the other judges, namely Duke of York and PCDania. Once we all agree, or can decide on clear winners, we'll let you know.

I hope you understand the delay, but I'm a funny old bugger that likes to do things properly and carefully!
WarLord_Designs
Archer
posted 08-01-07 05:41 EST (US)     158 / 237       
Arnt you lucky Sulis? after this you get to do it all over again for SH2 and SHL

Being Thorough is a good thing, letting it take up a month or 2 and playing each map 6 times is a little crazy lol. You are gonna get so bored of SH after this

Im just kidding

...or am I?

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
subindxsubin
Archer
posted 08-06-07 10:04 EST (US)     159 / 237       
Too bad i couldnt enter. I really wanted to. I am looking forward to the results.

Subindxsubin
"OMG return of the forummers! Welcome back, chaps!"-King Of Scots
"Holy......Subin's back!"-Venomrider
"For all who draw the sword will die by the sword-Jesus my lord
"I would send you some snow Subin if I knew it wouldn't melt."-Lady Arcola
"Congratz Jubu, you have eneded subin's tyrannical dictatorship"- Darkslave Master

[This message has been edited by SubindxSubin (edited 08-25-2007 @ 10:24 PM).]

Dougleass
Archer
posted 08-17-07 08:45 EST (US)     160 / 237       
Looks good Subindxsubin, shame you didn't finish it in time.

So how's the progress so far?

subindxsubin
Archer
posted 08-17-07 08:58 EST (US)     161 / 237       
I am eager to know the results.

Subindxsubin
"Congratz Jubu, you have eneded subin's tyrannical dictatorship"- Darkslave Master
Loegaire
OD Core Group
(id: Lord Ap Hywell)
posted 08-18-07 19:40 EST (US)     162 / 237       
Likewise.

On the individual level the response may appear to be a fiction, but fiction in a wider cultural context has a way of appearing to be true.
Battle Mage corp
Archer
posted 08-19-07 13:39 EST (US)     163 / 237       
The competition is a really impressive thing to participate I spend most of my time tooday reading about past competition and the current it's a shame that we missed it but BM was registered recently to SHH and there couldn't have been much difference.We egerly await the results of the comp and hope that another one will soon light the forums so that we can try out our mapmaking skills.

BM corp.

If it's a doze it's a doze, if it's life it's life, the evironment can never be bliss. Author: Luben Karavelov.
Younghappy
Archer
posted 08-25-07 14:58 EST (US)     164 / 237       
Here's the map I made for the competition. The Landscape is based on the Flow Counrty of northern Scotland.

"the only thing that makes me feel safe is the fact that this is the 20th one of these camps my school has done and snakes are reptiles so they get their energy from the sun so when the sun goes down hopefully they will go to sleep or whatever they do and not decide to sleep with me when they discover there log isn't very comfortable."-scragins
ericgolf
Earl
posted 08-25-07 15:05 EST (US)     165 / 237       
So did you make it work yet?

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Lugm Campaign Contribute a Review
Younghappy
Archer
posted 08-25-07 15:12 EST (US)     166 / 237       
No not yet. The scripting needs to be refined quite a bit.

"the only thing that makes me feel safe is the fact that this is the 20th one of these camps my school has done and snakes are reptiles so they get their energy from the sun so when the sun goes down hopefully they will go to sleep or whatever they do and not decide to sleep with me when they discover there log isn't very comfortable."-scragins
WarLord_Designs
Archer
posted 08-25-07 15:25 EST (US)     167 / 237       
Looks great

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

Younghappy
Archer
posted 08-25-07 15:33 EST (US)     168 / 237       
Thanks. And if you are confused about any aspect of the design, wait for the story and it will all make sense.

I'll get some close up pics then start up a map-room thread.

artofmath
Archer
posted 08-25-07 22:41 EST (US)     169 / 237       
EXCELLENT map. I especially adore wooden castles, it's as if there's always room to expand. With stone castles, it feels like... you're stuck with it.

..."religion is the opium of the masses"... - Karl Marx.
subindxsubin
Archer
posted 08-26-07 06:26 EST (US)     170 / 237       
Where is that result.
It has been a long time now.
I know sulis is very busy.
But I still want to see those results.

Subindxsubin
Dougleass
Archer
posted 08-26-07 07:45 EST (US)     171 / 237       
I thought you still weren't allowed to advertise your map...
It looks cool though, it looks like it's rather hard to move your soldiers around there, because of all the water.

I can't wait either for the results!!! I've been looking on the main site for the results almost every day since I submitted my map.

[This message has been edited by Dougleass (edited 08-26-2007 @ 07:52 AM).]

Younghappy
Archer
posted 08-26-07 08:51 EST (US)     172 / 237       
I didn't submit the map to Sulis so it's not advertising.

WarLord_Designs
Archer
posted 08-26-07 08:51 EST (US)     173 / 237       
I thought you still weren't allowed to advertise your map
Hes not entered in the comp though

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

ericgolf
Earl
posted 08-26-07 09:01 EST (US)     174 / 237       
Young happy can show his map as he did not enter it. We that entered - Our maps are still in quaranteen...

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Lugm Campaign Contribute a Review
Sulis
HG Alumnus
posted 08-28-07 04:54 EST (US)     175 / 237       
I spent at least a day and a half finalising things this weekend, with my thoughts on each map to be passed to the other judges this week for comparison. I haven't forgotten about you all, I promise, and i'll try to get the results announced as soon as I possibly can
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames