You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold 2 and Legends: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, peter2008, Doomsword

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.37 replies, Sticky
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold 2 and Legends: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Stronghold 2 Eyecandy
Bottom
Topic Subject:Stronghold 2 Eyecandy
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 05-15-05 05:41 EST (US)         
SH2 eyecandy album is now up for you to showcase your maps eyecandy. There is a post in the map room also. Enjoy and lets show off your talent. Kazmiester just happens to by my first album I am testing for picture size.

Edit: I know we have this information in the map room thread but lets also make sure you have it here.

to email your work send it to me: arcola at heavengames dot com

Gallery is .jpg friendly so that is the best way to send them.

150-100 KB seems to give a good wallpaper size to work with, but I really need feedback from Mere or Jay on that. I may end up resizing down a few bytes.

Zipping your pics will work fine for email.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 07-01-2007 @ 11:35 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Wize1
Archer
posted 05-15-05 06:34 EST (US)     1 / 37       
I don't see anything. I do see a spot where it asks me to log in because special privelages are needed to view some material. I log in and it says wrong username and password. I dunno.

"The wise speak when they have something to say, the fools speak when they have to say something." -Anonymous
Merepatra
HG Alumnus
posted 05-15-05 07:38 EST (US)     2 / 37       
I've changed the permissions for that gallery, you should be able to see it now. Let me know if there are still any problems.
REL749
Archer
posted 05-15-05 13:54 EST (US)     3 / 37       
The eyecandy picture is too small. I've tryed every way to enlarge it. The thumbnail seems to be the biggest size.

GA-K8N Pro-SLI | AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ | 2x512 Corsair XMS PC-3200 | eVGA 7800GT OC 256MB SLi | 3DMark06 - 3942
Merepatra
HG Alumnus
posted 05-15-05 16:43 EST (US)     4 / 37       
Fixed that REL, you now should be able to click the thumbnail and see a full sized image.
Lord Caesar III
Archer
posted 05-15-05 16:53 EST (US)     5 / 37       
http://forum.stronghold-2.com/showthread.php?t=325you can use all of them

Caesar III
Webmaster of Stronghold-2.com - The German Strongholdmania is back!
Kazmeister
Archer
posted 05-15-05 17:08 EST (US)     6 / 37       
Hey Caesar! What a cool idea for a drawbridge! Does it work like that?

And how did you make the dock? I wanted to do something like that for Monarch's Rest. Is it just buried walls?

-Kaz-

"I used to be a full time psychopath, but the hours sucked, so I quit. Now I kill people for a living, and I've never been happier." -Kaz
Redmoon
Archer
posted 05-15-05 18:23 EST (US)     7 / 37       
Those are good ideas and I think (may be wrong) that the dock is made by using a few wooden towers in a row, yes, maybe...no?

Take care,

Lord Caesar III
Archer
posted 05-15-05 20:20 EST (US)     8 / 37       
no the drawbridge doesn't work yet but it has to

@redmoon: dunno, i have to ask him

Caesar III

[This message has been edited by Lord Caesar III (edited 05-15-2005 @ 08:26 PM).]

Kazmeister
Archer
posted 05-15-05 21:32 EST (US)     9 / 37       
Yeah, I think you're right Redmoon. I see them now.

Well I'll be stealing that idea too.

Caesar- Shame about the drawbridge idea. It does look really cool though.

"I used to be a full time psychopath, but the hours sucked, so I quit. Now I kill people for a living, and I've never been happier." -Kaz
Lord Caesar III
Archer
posted 05-16-05 05:32 EST (US)     10 / 37       
it's not my one! just watch out the user who posted it :P

Caesar III
Redmoon
Archer
posted 05-16-05 17:06 EST (US)     11 / 37       
Ahh, I was just scrolling down and not paying attention...still good idea for the dock though, even if it wasn't yours.

Take care,

Lord Caesar III
Archer
posted 05-16-05 19:36 EST (US)     12 / 37       
oops, i did it again

just click for a bigger view again.

Caesar III

[This message has been edited by Lord Caesar III (edited 05-16-2005 @ 07:50 PM).]

REL749
Archer
posted 05-16-05 20:19 EST (US)     13 / 37       
How do I submit. Is 5 photos enough pictures for an album? I will add more over time.

GA-K8N Pro-SLI | AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ | 2x512 Corsair XMS PC-3200 | eVGA 7800GT OC 256MB SLi | 3DMark06 - 3942

[This message has been edited by REL749 (edited 05-16-2005 @ 09:07 PM).]

Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 05-17-05 03:46 EST (US)     14 / 37       

Quote:

How do I submit.

HI REL 749
They are great! The map is called Paradise? And do you want captions for them? I can grab screenies from them that way or you can also zip file them to me. I just added the mailing info in my heading post so you know where to mail them to. Nice work.

@Redmoon
That piccy you have in the bridge thread,the one where the paths meet at the bridge, may I snag that one? Also Stronghold Heaven has a castle gallery for members to submit their pictures of castles. I have been looking at the load screens that you did, (great work) would you be interested in putting up some screenshots of Eileen Donan in that Gallery? link

@Lord Ceasar III that is a great screenie. Is that one yours? I really need your work to make an album for you.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 05-17-2005 @ 04:07 AM).]

Lord Caesar III
Archer
posted 05-17-05 07:44 EST (US)     15 / 37       
yes its mine

i mailed them to you

Caesar III
Redmoon
Archer
posted 05-17-05 10:30 EST (US)     16 / 37       
Snag it up Lady Arcola and to be honest, I only have the one pic of Eileen Donan on my system, plenty around my house , but just the one I used for the loadscreen on my system.

You can find a load of them though, do a yahoo or google image search for "Eileen Donan" and get ready to save to disk.

Take care,

REL749
Archer
posted 05-17-05 14:55 EST (US)     17 / 37       
I don't need captions. You can put your own captions in if you'd like.

Yeah, the map is called Paradise Island(or just Paradise, didn't think about it when I labeled them, I can reupload the correct named pics.) It's the first map I've ever made. All those screenshots are from one map.

If you play the map with "Enhanced Water" disabled, the water will actually look better. The water will look an aqua blue caribbean color. Too bad you can't really see the coloring when "Enhanced Water" is enabled.

[This message has been edited by REL749 (edited 05-17-2005 @ 03:11 PM).]

Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 05-18-05 04:05 EST (US)     18 / 37       
Thanks Lord Caesar III, Redmoon and REL 749.

I will not need new ones REL 749, I can work with the ones I have. We should have a good eyecandy album by the end of the week.

Seraph Lady Arcola

underworld1
Archer
posted 05-26-05 10:43 EST (US)     19 / 37       
i still get the same problem!!! when i log in it tells me i have the wrong username or password when i don;t aarg!! i saw ur post that u7 changed the permission thing but that didn't work for me, and i rlly wanna see some of the screenies pls help!
Redeye CoV
Archer
posted 05-26-05 10:58 EST (US)     20 / 37       
That is really too bad if you can't get that draw bridge to work, that looks especially awesome... I suppose you could use it, just make the scenario to where the gate is not usable.. pile debris or something around it.. or just leave it up.

I wanted to do something like that with a castle on a cliff with a river down in a canyon splitting it in half.. ended up having to keep solid ground and make the river look like it goes into a cave and comes out of the cave on the other end.. it looks okay, but I am a little disapointed overall.

I couldn't even get the bridge tool to span the gap, what are the rules behind that object anyways? Does it have to be directly over the river tile?

pad11
Archer
posted 05-27-05 05:07 EST (US)     21 / 37       
Lady Arcola! Thanks so much for the album!!!

I will send shots on and off as I continue IBC!

You're the best Lady A!

pat

mmmmm......beer........

[This message has been edited by pad11 (edited 05-28-2005 @ 06:27 AM).]

Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 06-02-05 18:55 EST (US)     22 / 37       
underworld1 I am not sure where you are trying to log in at. If your trying to log into the gallery you can't.
Only a few staff have permission to do that. If you trying to view the gallery just go to the main SH2 page and click on the gallery link. Or clicking on my link above will also take you right to the Mappers Gallery. From that you can navigate around the Gallery.

pad11, thanks for sending pictures to post into the Gallery. Wish we had a way of getting everyone to do it.

Seraph Lady Arcola

Dark_Albino
Archer
posted 06-10-05 21:14 EST (US)     23 / 37       
pad11, any chance on telling us how you got the great wall?

Does it work the same way as in SH and SHC?
Or is there a new trick?

-DK

Dark_Albino(SHH) IS Dragonheart_Killer(SHK)
SlubbertyGullit
Archer
posted 06-25-05 18:05 EST (US)     24 / 37       
Hey Lord Caesar, on your zig-zag thing how did you make the slopes so smooth?

Wanted Features for SH2...
1. Auto-sale and buy for markit
2. Doors on Towers
3. Optomized Performance
4. Ability to change population cap
Glory be to Jesus
Kristine Adair
Archer
posted 11-21-08 21:48 EST (US)     25 / 37       
Ok... I have to ask... How the heck did you get the cows to be black and white? All I get are brown cows.

Next, the different color water. I get dark greyish blue. I saw some beautiful light blue water in the eye candy pictures.

Also, the statues. I didnt see a statue of a man as an option, only the horse ones!! Im jealous!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames