You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1701 replies, Sticky
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » The Stronghold Census - Tell us about yourself
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Stronghold Census - Tell us about yourself
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 68  Next Page »
mouse
HG Alumnus
posted 11-22-01 10:21 EST (US)         
CB please no groaning it's been a long time since we've done this topic We have so many new friends in the RTS players Besides a certain angel bullied me into this topic

Female
Mid-west US
retired
Game and applications beta tester
Cherub since 1999

Ok all you shy folks give us a tiny bit of information

You can find the latest version of The One and Only Vaia Table in Reply 1653.

[This message has been edited by VitruviusAIA (edited 01-02-2011 @ 07:17 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
GillB
EXCO Alumna in Kul Tiras
posted 02-11-02 14:21 EST (US)     226 / 1701       
Hello Bravo6 & welcome to Stronghold Heaven

Love your last line - will sound very familiar to many people here

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures
Bravo6
Archer
posted 02-11-02 14:47 EST (US)     227 / 1701       
Thanks Gill, happy to be here. Reminds me of the two biggest lies in the Army:

Inspector General, "We are here to help".

Commander of unit to be inspected, "We are happy to have your help."

Actually, I AM happy to be here.

mouse
HG Alumnus
posted 02-11-02 15:53 EST (US)     228 / 1701       
Hello Bravo6 and welcome to Stronghold Heaven It's great to have another senior gamer
Bravo6
Archer
posted 02-11-02 15:59 EST (US)     229 / 1701       
Thanks Mouse,

I met a young woman in Chicago in 1968 who was called Mouse. That would be an emmense coincidence *grin*. Oh, I sent you an email about the member board.. I want in!!!!

Jayhawk
Eminence Grise
posted 02-11-02 16:06 EST (US)     230 / 1701       
Vaia's updating that about once every other day, Bravo. You'll be in there, don't worry.
Afterall, I want to beat the Pharaoh one

Mechwarrior? Never played the PC game, did dabble a bit with the table top one.

Angel Jayhawk
Eyrie • Caesar 4 Heaven • Children of the Nile Heaven • Stronghold Heaven • Caesar 3 Heaven • Emperor Heaven • Pharaoh Heaven • Zeus Heaven • My Deviations
Support your local Heaven • My Recommendations • EXCO • HALO
I believe violence will only increase the cycle of violence. — The Dalai Lama
Bravo6
Archer
posted 02-11-02 16:24 EST (US)     231 / 1701       
I actually preferred MechCOmmander.. similar to SH in that you control groups of mechs rather than FPS like MW. MC2 went 3D and looked great but other players had problems and the Dev Team was reassigned and left the community unsupported. It was a sad day when M$ bought the game.
VitruviusAIA
The Architect
posted 02-11-02 17:03 EST (US)     232 / 1701       
Edited Table

[This message has been edited by VitruviusAIA (edited 03-28-2002 @ 02:06 PM).]

VitruviusAIA
The Architect
posted 02-11-02 17:09 EST (US)     233 / 1701       
There you go Bravo6, you’re in. (There is room in the Table for your birthday, if you would like to post it. If you do, you will receive an abundance of “Happy Birthday” wishes from other forum members when the day comes around.)

I was just forwarded an email titled ”Twenty-five things that I’ve learned in the last 50 years”. Number one on that list was:

”Never, under any circumstance, take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time.”

I don’t know who the original author was, but it sounds like good advice.

Bravo6 was number 63, only 113 more names before you catch up with the Table in Pharaoh Heaven AJ. (And that Table is still growing also.) Link to Table in Pharaoh Heaven

Vaia

[This message has been edited by VitruviusAIA (edited 02-11-2002 @ 05:19 PM).]

Brave Sir Robin
Archer
posted 02-11-02 22:13 EST (US)     234 / 1701       
Thanks Vaia

Brave Sir Robin
Expert combiner of official Stronghold art.
Knavish Knave of Knavery, The Tragedie of BSR.
Scenario Designer and Member of Tsunami Studios.
Head of The Tsuniversity

Wraith
Archer
posted 02-12-02 00:30 EST (US)     235 / 1701       
I actually cannot understand the "threatened marrage", my wife encourages me! lol...

Guard your walls, I am coming.
My Recommendations
ThePhoenix
posted 02-12-02 01:02 EST (US)     236 / 1701       
Lots of non-kids here, unlike HG....

[The Phoenix - I have returned]
Andy, stop it. You're finding faults in their arguements, and that is completely unacceptable! - Electric_Koolaid, while debating with Christians
Yes but you're a nutter. - Mark, pointing out why normal standards don't apply to Phoenix
Winner of Rajah of the Sands' To[sic] Conceited For Any Other Awards Then This One
Death greets me warm, now I will just say goodbye...
mouse
HG Alumnus
posted 02-12-02 01:12 EST (US)     237 / 1701       
Oh we're kids just older thna most
Brave Sir Robin
Archer
posted 02-12-02 01:21 EST (US)     238 / 1701       
Older kids, hehe

Brave Sir Robin
Expert combiner of official Stronghold art.
Knavish Knave of Knavery, The Tragedie of BSR.
Scenario Designer and Member of Tsunami Studios.
Head of The Tsuniversity

Lord Malibar
Archer
posted 02-12-02 01:58 EST (US)     239 / 1701       
IRL:

Name: Michael
DOB: 15 Dec 57 (44y/o)
Retired AF meteorologist (with 5 years service as a Special Ops operator) now working as a quality control manager.
Currently live in East Texas.
Divorced father of an awesome 18 y/o daughter (Haley) who is in her first year of college (Hi baby - LOVE YA!!)
Hobbies: Disc golf, writing poetry, working out and (of course) - computer games!

GAMES:

My gaming heritage derives from the old SSI and AH turn-based military board games. Throw in a heavy dose of D&D in college - I owned the original three book set and remember when Greyhawk and Blackmoor were revolutionary improvements to the game (well, Greyhawk was - Blackmoor never did much for me).

With my strong turn-based roots, I don't normally like RTS games, but am finding SH fun despite it's various shortcomings.

My favorite online game ever is Air Warrior (Classic through AW3). I won several worldwide online 1v1 and 2v2 tournaments over the 6 years I played it. EA.com axed it last December - a sad day indeed =(

I love Civ3 and have also spent a few hours rebuilding Rome off and on over the years.

Playing now: SH, Civ3, Panzer General3, and Literati (on Yahoo)

FORUM: Brand new to this one.

[This message has been edited by Lord Malibar (edited 02-12-2002 @ 01:59 AM).]

Jayhawk
Eminence Grise
posted 02-12-02 02:42 EST (US)     240 / 1701       
Welcome Lord Malibur,
that's quite an impressive gaming record.
I started playing D&D from the boxed set with the blue rulebook. Too bad it's gone missing along long the line though...

Bravo, so it's not really worth it to dig up a copy of MechCommadner somewhere?

Vaia, we'll beat you yet
Thanks for the update

Angel Jayhawk
Eyrie • Caesar 4 Heaven • Children of the Nile Heaven • Stronghold Heaven • Caesar 3 Heaven • Emperor Heaven • Pharaoh Heaven • Zeus Heaven • My Deviations

[This message has been edited by Jayhawk (edited 02-12-2002 @ 02:48 AM).]

Bravo6
Archer
posted 02-12-02 10:10 EST (US)     241 / 1701       
Jayhawk,

MechCommander and the exspansion MCG (with the editor) is still a good experience. You can then go to DropShipCommand.com and download my missions. I have a broad range of different missions. Death Spiral and The Great Wall were favorites of a lot of people. All of them provided some good gaming experience.

I don't know when I will start creating SH missions. I'm still having too much fun playing. *grin*

Bravo6
There I was, between a rock and a hard place when I thought - What am I doing on this side of the rock?
Jayhawk
Eminence Grise
posted 02-12-02 10:17 EST (US)     242 / 1701       
I'll remember that if I run in to a bargain copy of the game, Bravo.

:: hopes Bravo has time to take a look at his missions eventually ::

Angel Jayhawk
Bravo6
Archer
posted 02-12-02 10:21 EST (US)     243 / 1701       
I'm playing the Userper series now but your missions will be next in line. I am still amazed at the replayability of SH. Its fantastic!
VitruviusAIA
The Architect
posted 02-12-02 13:32 EST (US)     244 / 1701       
Lord Malibar has been added to our Member’s Table. Lord Malibar joined Stronghold Heaven on 02-02-02. (A very special date indeed).

Vaia

Jayhawk
Eminence Grise
posted 02-12-02 14:13 EST (US)     245 / 1701       
Very special...our crown prince got married that day

Angel Jayhawk
Bravo6
Archer
posted 02-12-02 14:34 EST (US)     246 / 1701       
Hey Vaia, we're neighbors.. kind of. I'm in St. Louis. Any other big MO types playing Stronghold? (Sent you an email but I guess it's to your home address not work.

Bravo6
There I was, between a rock and a hard place when I thought - What am I doing on this side of the rock?
Bravo6
Archer
posted 02-12-02 14:36 EST (US)     247 / 1701       
Jayhawk,

What is the role of royalty in Holland? If I remember correctly there is a strong bond between the people and the Royal Family...

Bravo6
mouse
HG Alumnus
posted 02-12-02 14:48 EST (US)     248 / 1701       
Bravo6 we are real neighbors since I live in St Louis too Actually in south city
Bravo6
Archer
posted 02-12-02 14:57 EST (US)     249 / 1701       
Hot Dang! Howdy neighbor!!

I actually live in Webster Groves. I currently work for Deutsche Financial Services but just accepted a similar, yet better, position with First Banks. Got a wife two dogs two grown children (one hers and one mine) and two granddaughters... whoa... slow down. *chuckles*

Jayhawk
Eminence Grise
posted 02-12-02 15:53 EST (US)     250 / 1701       
We've got a fairly human royal family, Bravo, at least compared to the UK one

Their rτle is supportive of the parliment and partially show, but they are actually invovled in politics as well. Works for me, but some people find the idea old fashioned.

Angel Jayhawk
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 68  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames