You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1704 replies, Sticky
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » The Stronghold Census - Tell us about yourself
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Stronghold Census - Tell us about yourself
« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12 13 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 69  Next Page »
mouse
HG Alumnus
posted 11-22-01 10:21 EST (US)         
CB please no groaning it's been a long time since we've done this topic We have so many new friends in the RTS players Besides a certain angel bullied me into this topic

Female
Mid-west US
retired
Game and applications beta tester
Cherub since 1999

Ok all you shy folks give us a tiny bit of information

You can find the latest version of The One and Only Vaia Table in Reply 1653.

[This message has been edited by VitruviusAIA (edited 01-02-2011 @ 07:17 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
mouse
HG Alumnus
posted 02-12-02 16:25 EST (US)     251 / 1704       
That's great Bravo6 there has only been one other member from St Louis before this and he's gone missing So it's been Vaia and I hold up the flag for Missouri

Personal stats: retired government(DOD) budget analyst, single, one grown child and 3 cats

VitruviusAIA
The Architect
posted 02-12-02 16:48 EST (US)     252 / 1704       
I don’t have a record of your email Bravo6. You are correct that my posted email is my home address, but I can check it from work as well. Most likely, I mistakenly deleted your email along with a lot of spam.

My, apologies. Please try again, and I will be more careful.

Vaia

TNK
Archer
posted 02-12-02 17:25 EST (US)     253 / 1704       
Shouldn't the list have a thread of its own (or be at the top of the thread) so we don't have to go through the thread to find it?
VitruviusAIA
The Architect
posted 02-12-02 18:48 EST (US)     254 / 1704       
I think that putting the Table at the top of the thread would be a great idea, then mouse could keep it updated.

Seriously, this thread is growing very fast, and the Table can end up on page 3 in a single day. If you all would like, I can start a new thread with the Table in the opening post, and I’m sure mouse would be happy to add a link to it in her opening post.

I could add a remark in the new post that all information should be posted in this thread (with a link back to it). Or, should we just keep the Table in this thread, where I will “bump” it every time someone new posts their info.

Yall (that’s Missouri Hillbilly for “you all”) let me know what you would prefer.

Vaia

mouse
HG Alumnus
posted 02-12-02 19:48 EST (US)     255 / 1704       
Vaia I like the idea of the table being in it's own post Feel free to link back to this thread rofl lol there speaks a very lazy mouse
Jayhawk
Eminence Grise
posted 02-13-02 02:45 EST (US)     256 / 1704       
I'll make the two of you a deal. I'll update it in the header, when Vaia updates it 'inside' so I can just copy it upwards.

One only slightly less lazy angel

Angel Jayhawk
EyrieCaesar 4 HeavenChildren of the Nile HeavenStronghold HeavenCaesar 3 HeavenEmperor HeavenPharaoh HeavenZeus HeavenMy Deviations
Support your local HeavenMy RecommendationsEXCOHALO
I believe violence will only increase the cycle of violence. — The Dalai Lama
David
HG Alumnus
posted 02-13-02 15:48 EST (US)     257 / 1704       
It's ok.

I thought it'd be intresting to find out the avarage age here..

(records in table in top post used)

31 (1 person)
39.667 (3 persons)
29.750 (4 persons)
37.125 (8 persons)
30.043 (47 persons, leaving out ThePhoenix because of lack of information)

Sum of all categories: 28.571 (63 persons)

Belive it or not, but thanks to Tonto Z, the angles are the youngsters of Stronghold heaven!

Brave Sir Robin
Archer
posted 02-13-02 22:14 EST (US)     258 / 1704       
If the Cherub and Angel numbers swapped, it would make very good logical sense.

As it is, it is logical that Seraphs, etc, be older than the average.

That is quite amazing...imagine what AOKH's would be!

Brave Sir Robin
Expert combiner of official Stronghold art.
Knavish Knave of Knavery, The Tragedie of BSR.
Scenario Designer and Member of Tsunami Studios.
Head of The Tsuniversity

ThePhoenix
posted 02-14-02 02:11 EST (US)     259 / 1704       
You mean HG Main's, BSR.

Oh well.....don't want to be the odd man out for age:
I'm 17 in a month.

Readjust that, David.

[The Phoenix - I have returned]
Andy, stop it. You're finding faults in their arguements, and that is completely unacceptable! - Electric_Koolaid, while debating with Christians
Yes but you're a nutter. - Mark, pointing out why normal standards don't apply to Phoenix
Winner of Rajah of the Sands' To[sic] Conceited For Any Other Awards Then This One
Death greets me warm, now I will just say goodbye...
Brave Sir Robin
Archer
posted 02-14-02 03:54 EST (US)     260 / 1704       
I still live in pre-HG main forum times

Ie no KORT, just OD

Brave Sir Robin
Head of The Tsuniversity

Jayhawk
Eminence Grise
posted 02-14-02 04:00 EST (US)     261 / 1704       
And here I was thinking KoRT predated OD...

Interesting results David. Either there's a serious number of older players or, the older ones are the more chatty

Angel Jayhawk
EyrieCaesar 4 HeavenChildren of the Nile HeavenStronghold HeavenCaesar 3 HeavenEmperor HeavenPharaoh HeavenZeus HeavenMy Deviations
Support your local HeavenMy RecommendationsEXCOHALO
I believe violence will only increase the cycle of violence. — The Dalai Lama
Brave Sir Robin
Archer
posted 02-14-02 13:09 EST (US)     262 / 1704       
Well whatever it was called before it moved to HG Main

Brave Sir Robin
Head of The Tsuniversity

thurdl01
Archer
posted 02-14-02 13:18 EST (US)     263 / 1704       
Darn wippershappers with no respect for their elders! Get me my cane, I'll beat some sense into dem angels. Dang, now where in tarnation did I put my teeth? *Wanders off randomly*

I'm actually amazed to be BELOW the average age here. I always felt like an old man at AOKH.

[This message has been edited by thurdl01 (edited 02-14-2002 @ 01:18 PM).]

mouse
HG Alumnus
posted 02-14-02 14:07 EST (US)     264 / 1704       
Poor cherubs average messed up by one realllllllly old cherub
David
HG Alumnus
posted 02-14-02 15:39 EST (US)     265 / 1704       
Phoenix, you just lowered the Forumer age to: 29.771

The total average age is now: 28.390

Some more "intresting" stats.

mouse is the oldest one here. (60)
Irish Stag and Duan Xuan are the youngest ones here. (13)

The total age of all Angels is exactly the same as the total age of all Seraphs (119), even though they are one more.
The average age of all Staffmembers is 35.667

Out of the VIP's:

• 100% are from the UK

Out of the Seraphs:

• 66.667% are from the US
  • 33.333% are from the Netherlands

Out of the Angels:

• 75% are from the US
  • 25% are from the UK

Out of the Cherubs:

• 50% are from the US
  • 12.5% are from Canada
  • 12.5% are from Australia
  • 12.5% are from the UK

Out of the Forumers:

• 37.5% are from the US
  • 22.917% are from the UK (including Scotland)
  • 10.417% are from Canada
  • 6.25% are from Belgium
  • 4.167% are from South Africa
  • 4.167% are from New Zealand
  • 2.083% are from Australia
  • 2.083% are from Sweden
  • 2.083% are from Singapore
  • 2.083% are from Germany
  • 2.083% are from Malaysia
  • 2.083% are from Norway
  • 2.083% are from Finland

Out of Everybody:

• 43.75% are from the US
  • 21.875% are from the UK (including Scotland)
  • 9.375% are from Canada
  • 4.688% are from Belgium
  • 3.125% are from Austrailia
  • 3.125% are from South Africa
  • 3.125% are from New Zealand
  • 1.563% are from the Netherlands
  • 1.563% are from Sweden
  • 1.563% are from Singapore
  • 1.563% are from Germany
  • 1.563% are from Malaysia
  • 1.563% are from Norway
  • 1.563% are from Finland

• 54.688% of everyone here are from North America.
  • 34.375% of everyone here are from Europe.
  • 6.5% of everyone here are from Oceania (?).
  • 3.125% of everyone here are from Asia.
  • 3.125% of everyone here are from Africa.

The average age of all...
    Americans is 32.714 years.
    Brittish is 32.143 years.
    Canadians is 24 years.
    Belgians (?) is 25.667 years.
    Australians is 28.5 years.
    South Africans is 27 years.
    New Zealanders is 26.5 years.
    Dutch is 37 years.
    Swedes is 18 years.
    Singaporians (?) is 13 years.
    Germans is 38 years.
    Malaysians is 25 years.
    Norweigans is 24 years.
    Finnish is 45 years.

The Finnish population is by large the oldest one, mosty because it's consisting of just one person. The Malaysian is the youngest one, of the same reason.

The Americans here are older than the Brittish, I had actually not though that for some reason.

• Avarage age of Americans: 31.176 years
  • Avarage age of Europeans: 31.318 years
  • Avarage age of Oceanans (?): 27.5 years.
  • Avarage age of Asians: 19 years
  • Avarage age of Africans: 27 years.

Seems like us europeans are older than the north americans at elast - then my guess wasn't that far off.

This should fill your hunger for stats for now, I might come back with more later, who knows.

NOTE: In all calculations above, I've used an age of 17 for ThePhoenix and not 16.

[This message has been edited by David (edited 02-14-2002 @ 03:43 PM).]

• Lancer
    Archer
    posted 02-14-02 15:45 EST (US)     266 / 1704       
    Okay, here's some info:

LANCER
    Male
    USA

Be careful with birthdate information. In the USA, birthdates are often used to verify the identity of a person in financial transactions done on the internet or over the phone. I suggest it may not be appropriate to publish this information in a table that could be accessed for matching e-mail addresses, birthdates and (possibly) members' real names.

Call me paranoid, but I just experienced a situation where a birthdate was the key data permitting me to do an important financial transaction on line.

This is meant to help not hinder. Sorry for the "Cassandra" message; but I don't want to see any trouble ever hit the HG sites.

LANCER
    One word deserves another.
    David
    HG Alumnus
    posted 02-14-02 15:50 EST (US)     267 / 1704       
    The DoB is often used to validate credit cards, but one will need the card number as well for that. I for one, doesn't even have a credit card, so i got no worries.

I hope you'll excuse me, but I will not redo all my statistics to include you.

I will be sure to include you in any future ones though of course.

VitruviusAIA
    The Architect
    posted 02-14-02 16:29 EST (US)     268 / 1704       
    Thank you Lancer for posting in this thread, and the caution about posting birthdays. My credit cards (I only have two, one personal and one for business) are insured against unauthorized use, so I’m not going to worry about it.

If any one is concerned about the issue, post your request (or email me) to have your birthday removed from the Table, and I will see that it is done. Also be sure and edit your reply in this thread where you posted your birthday.

I have also added ThePhoenix’s age to the Table.

That was a very good analysis of the data in the Table David. Thank you for your efforts.

AJ, the updated Table is in Reply #232.

Vaia

mouse
    HG Alumnus
    posted 02-14-02 17:55 EST (US)     269 / 1704       
    Ahhhhhh Lancer another senior gamer that's great As to CC information mine doesn't require DoB nor do my bank accounts so I'm not concerned but do understand your concerns Usually worry more about our younger members but all of them are smart enough to let the staff know about any improper contact
    ThePhoenix
    posted 02-14-02 19:49 EST (US)     270 / 1704       
    Nice, David.

Lancer.....whoa. *suddenly feels very rude*

[The Phoenix - I have returned]
    Andy, stop it. You're finding faults in their arguements, and that is completely unacceptable! - Electric_Koolaid, while debating with Christians
    Yes but you're a nutter. - Mark, pointing out why normal standards don't apply to Phoenix
    Winner of Rajah of the Sands' To[sic] Conceited For Any Other Awards Then This One
    Death greets me warm, now I will just say goodbye...
    Lancer
    Archer
    posted 02-14-02 20:02 EST (US)     271 / 1704       
    Don't concern yourself about the stats, David. I'm late to the party and don't need to be included in the work that you've already done. They are interesting enough as is.

Thanks for adding me to your updated table, VitruviusAIA.

Well mouse, I guess the demarcation between junior and journeyman is "buying your automobile with your own signature"; and the demarcation line between journeyman and senior is AARP eligibility. Since I meet the latter criteria I guess I fall into the senior gamer category. Nonetheless, my psyche wants to rebel at the thought; that is, until I give my eligibility credence by doing something completely foolish that's describable only as being a "senior moment".

Fortunately, a "senior moment" also serves as a wonderful excuse requiring no justification for doing something completely "off the wall" just for laughs or shock value... If you know what I mean...

LANCER
    One word deserves another.
    Bradius
    Archer
    posted 02-14-02 22:03 EST (US)     272 / 1704       
    Interesting statistics. Mouse, don't feel your pulling the average age of the cherubs back. I am on the older side of the equasion as it is! There are a fair group of us on the older side.

Some more information about me. I lived in London after college. On Dock Street a few blocks from the Tower of London and worked at Lloyds. I think of London as "my" city also. I couldn't tell you how to drive anywhere, but I could show you the way by foot or underground.

My wife is from Moscow. I feel I have a firm connection to Europe, even if I am a 7th generation American and 4th generation Texan. Actually, I just found out that some of my anscestors go back to colonial times and have at least two fellas that fought the Brits in the American Revolutions (sorry fellow Brits).

Bradius

[This message has been edited by Bradius (edited 02-14-2002 @ 10:07 PM).]

mouse
    HG Alumnus
    posted 02-14-02 22:39 EST (US)     273 / 1704       
    Ahhhhhh Lancer have to love senior moments, they are such a great excuse Senior doesn't mean old by means cause if you were old you wouldn't get such joy from games

Brad actually think I'm secretly proud to be accepted by all the other's without regard to my age

Lord Malibar
    Archer
    posted 02-15-02 02:19 EST (US)     274 / 1704       
    Spice up your table and include the number of scenarios each member has posted AND the number of scenarios each member has reviewed. = )
    Iron_DragonLord
    Archer
    posted 02-15-02 02:30 EST (US)     275 / 1704       
    I don't nkow what kind of info to say, I didn't feel like reading all 6 pages... Hehehe, I only read the title...

Well I guess you can concider me new, but I first registered at AOKH, then for a very short time went to Cossacks Heaven, and now here. I go to a very few boards, one I am a head aminisrator of...

I'm 14 year old male, I lvie in Alberta, Canada, which we might move to Arizona, but not for sure yet... I was board in the States, and we moved up here because my dads family is Canadian an stuff...

Ummm, I know some HTML and PHP, and do some computer graphics with a nice free program I found...

I think I said enough now..

-=[Iron_DragonLord]=-
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12 13 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 69  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames