You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1703 replies, Sticky
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » The Stronghold Census - Tell us about yourself
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Stronghold Census - Tell us about yourself
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 68  Next Page »
mouse
HG Alumnus
posted 11-22-01 10:21 EST (US)         
CB please no groaning it's been a long time since we've done this topic We have so many new friends in the RTS players Besides a certain angel bullied me into this topic

Female
Mid-west US
retired
Game and applications beta tester
Cherub since 1999

Ok all you shy folks give us a tiny bit of information

You can find the latest version of The One and Only Vaia Table in Reply 1653.

[This message has been edited by VitruviusAIA (edited 01-02-2011 @ 07:17 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
The Ztolk
Archer
(id: Ztolk)
posted 05-26-02 15:37 EST (US)     476 / 1703       
Seraphs=webmasters of individual heavens
Angels=staff with ftp access
Cherubs=staff without ftp access

There's also the Halos, the 5 owners of HG: Spineman, Zen, Hamlet, Alexander 1, Reckless Rodent.

Bravo6
Archer
posted 05-26-02 15:57 EST (US)     477 / 1703       
Lord Wibble is a VIP cause he is part of the Dev Team

Bravo6
There I was, between a rock and a hard place when I thought - What am I doing on this side of the rock?
Wraith
Archer
posted 05-26-02 16:59 EST (US)     478 / 1703       
From my understanding, Wibble programs, flying poo does the music and Darren is the Q+A assurance manager.

Guard your walls, I am coming.
My Recommendations
GillB
EXCO Alumna in Kul Tiras
posted 05-26-02 17:45 EST (US)     479 / 1703       
Angels do all the work, dp

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures
VitruviusAIA
The Architect
posted 05-27-02 00:34 EST (US)     480 / 1703       
So sorry dp3705, that was just a ‘typo’ (and it has been corrected). lol I was also born in 1951 (March 23) so I am 51.

And don’t believe GillB about Angels doing all the work. I can refer you to at least twenty posts where GillB stated, when she was a Cherub, that “Cherubs do all the work”. She was right then, and still is.

GillB
EXCO Alumna in Kul Tiras
posted 05-27-02 02:04 EST (US)     481 / 1703       
Ah, but I'm now older & wiser

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures
Wraith
Archer
posted 05-27-02 02:16 EST (US)     482 / 1703       

Quote:

Angels do all the work, dp

!!!!!!!!!!

Angels do all the lying. Cherubs do all the work. Our seraph has a hippoleather whip that he...... no...... noaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

*screams of agony come echoing down the hall as Gill, Mere and AJ drag Wraith off to his daily whipping....*

My Recommendations
GillB
EXCO Alumna in Kul Tiras
posted 05-27-02 02:34 EST (US)     483 / 1703       
*Bites back comment that would probably get her banned*

Jayhawk
Eminence Grise
posted 05-27-02 03:03 EST (US)     484 / 1703       
:: cracks whip ::

Hi dp
Welcome aboard, Ztolk's information is almost correct as the Halo is nowonly 4, as Hamlet, one of the original designers has left due to Real Life™

Angel Jayhawk
Eyrie • Caesar 4 Heaven • Children of the Nile Heaven • Stronghold Heaven • Caesar 3 Heaven • Emperor Heaven • Pharaoh Heaven • Zeus Heaven • My Deviations
Support your local Heaven • My Recommendations • EXCO • HALO
I believe violence will only increase the cycle of violence. — The Dalai Lama
Duan Xuan
Archer
posted 05-27-02 05:10 EST (US)     485 / 1703       
What is this Real Life??

D XUAN
Mama Dragon
Archer
(id: dp3705)
posted 05-27-02 08:43 EST (US)     486 / 1703       
Real Life is what people do who can't handle gaming.
Duan Xuan
Archer
posted 05-27-02 09:41 EST (US)     487 / 1703       
But I'm puzzled by the Trademark indication after it. What's that for?

D XUAN
Toetanchamon9
Archer
posted 05-27-02 11:25 EST (US)     488 / 1703       
Yes, why not copyright or something?

Toet
Ouly
Archer
posted 05-29-02 08:00 EST (US)     489 / 1703       
*takes a deep breath*

ok, I'm 37 and a single male.
I live in Halifax NS, Canada.
I'm a professional driver, amateur wood craftsman, and hopelessly addicted hardcore gamer.

(The last line explains why I'm single. I spend far too much time gaming on a comp.)

I've been a gamer ever since there was a home computer to game on and I enjoy just about every type of game out there.
My list of favorites is too long to detail here. Needless to say, Stronghold is my current fix and I just beat the military campaign today. That last mission was rough!

I've been a forumer here for only a couple weeks now and I'll be around as long as this game holds my interest.

Besides computer gaming, I also enjoy pool, reading SF, rocketry, canoeing, skiing and a fine chianti, to name a few.

Jayhawk
Eminence Grise
posted 05-29-02 09:04 EST (US)     490 / 1703       
Hi Ouly,
I'm sure you're not alone in enjoying fine chianti

DX,
The ™ is to to signify it's assumed to be improtant

Angel Jayhawk
Eyrie • Caesar 4 Heaven • Children of the Nile Heaven • Stronghold Heaven • Caesar 3 Heaven • Emperor Heaven • Pharaoh Heaven • Zeus Heaven • My Deviations
VitruviusAIA
The Architect
posted 05-29-02 10:14 EST (US)     491 / 1703       
Welcome Ouly.

I have added your name to our Members Table. Thank you for joining up.

Vaia
Toetanchamon9
Archer
posted 05-30-02 10:22 EST (US)     492 / 1703       
Hello!

Toet
Wraith
Archer
posted 05-30-02 15:15 EST (US)     493 / 1703       
Welcome Ouly!

Just to let you know, you can pull of the married thing, so long as she likes games too!

My Recommendations
Ouly
Archer
posted 06-06-02 03:14 EST (US)     494 / 1703       
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Now, if I could just find that special someone who was also into gaming, I would truly be in heaven.
Jayhawk
Eminence Grise
posted 06-07-02 04:12 EST (US)     495 / 1703       
Good luck...I failed on that bit of the mission...

Angel Jayhawk
Bravo6
Archer
posted 06-07-02 14:07 EST (US)     496 / 1703       
The only way to play the married thing when she/he doesn't like games is to spend every non-gaming minute focused on her/him. That behavior either causes them to feel so loved and secure that they support your gaming

or

The same behavior just irritates them and you become such a pest that they want you to get the heck away from them... and go back to gaming.

Bravo6
There I was, between a rock and a hard place when I thought - What am I doing on this side of the rock?
Bravo6
Archer
posted 06-07-02 14:12 EST (US)     497 / 1703       
Hey Ouly! If you are into SF then you may have tried MechWarrior and MechCommander. Those and Baldures Gate are the only games I've tried. A friend at DropShipCommand recommended Warrior Kings but it looks a bit... odd.

Bravo6
Ouly
Archer
posted 06-09-02 06:58 EST (US)     498 / 1703       
LOL Bravo6. Nice tactic I really tried to do just that but unfortunately my mind would sometimes wander back to my latest addiction and then I'd be in REAL trouble

I have both MechCommander games but only ever played the original Mechwarrior. I've had Baldur's Gate in my hand so many times but never bought it. I heard there was a lot of tedious fighting early on in the game before you were ready to take on any of the important quests. I still may get it if I see it in a bargain bin somewhere. I tried a demo of Warrior Kings I believe. You're right, it is a little weird if I remember correctly.

Warning: the following list of titles are known to be extremely addictive and can cause insomnia, missed deadlines, bloodshot eyes and a host of other problems. Read at your own risk!

- Halflife (a must) or Return to Castle Wolfenstein for a first person shooter. Couterstrike is also good but an online only game.

- Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine for a great action/adventure/puzzle game.

- Diablo II plus the expansion for a great hack and slash roleplaying light game.

- Heroes of Might and Magic III for a good fantasy turn based strategy title with a great editor.

- Fallout is an older title but a great post-appocalyptic (spelling?)role playing game.

- numerous RTS titles such as C&C Red Alert, Warcraft, Starcraft, Age of Empires, etc.

- Starfleet Command was an online addiction for me for quite some time and a great RTS for Trekies.

** a few titles never to be forgotten**

- X-com, Civilization, Falcon 3, Great Naval Battles, Indy and the Fate of Atlantis, Battle of Britain and yes, Myst

Oh, here's one for the oldtimers: M.U.L.E.
(the first multi-player game ever made for a comp.?)

These are only a select few of the games I have or had over the years but represent some of the best.

Wraith
Archer
posted 06-09-02 11:44 EST (US)     499 / 1703       
I gotta say for FPS the best I've played are Undying and Deux Ex. Undying is by far the scariest thing I've ever seen, that included countless horror movies. To get the full effect of the game, go through the entire game in one sitting. It will take longer than the human "day", and thus you get wonderful effects of paranoia from the sleep dep, just like the charactor.

My Recommendations
Wraith
Archer
posted 06-09-02 11:47 EST (US)     500 / 1703       
Btw Ouly, I see no excuse for being single
There are lots of gamer women out there. You just gotta find some. hehehe

My Recommendations
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 68  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames