You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1309 replies, Closed
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » Summer Solstice Recovery Room
Bottom
Topic Subject:Summer Solstice Recovery Room
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 28 29 30 31 32 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 01-01-10 03:12 EST (US)         

May God
grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel
So nothing
can harm you...

Laughter to cheer you,
Faithful friends near you,
And whenever you pray,
Heaven to hear you.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 10-04-2013 @ 04:30 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 09-27-11 16:46 EST (US)     726 / 1309       
Nothing new. Just counting down the days left before SH3 comes out, lol.

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
Timballisto
Archer
posted 09-27-11 22:56 EST (US)     727 / 1309       
Got to move some firewood today in the rain. On the plus side, we were able to build a fire for the night = P . Also had this weird dream where I was the original zombie in a game of humans vs zombies, but doing anything at all took Herculean effort. I couldn't even stand up.

-DOOMBRINGER-
"DOOMBRINGER, make a parking space IMMEDIATELY!"
"DOOMBRINGER declares it to be SO!"
"DOOMBRINGER, I command you to lay siege to THE ISS!"
PCDania
Archer
(id: PCD)
posted 09-28-11 03:00 EST (US)     728 / 1309       
Pretty tired. Some guy started slamming doors early in the morning.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
StenSture2
Archer
posted 09-28-11 13:28 EST (US)     729 / 1309       
Hello
puh.... Just spent a loong time trying to switch a lightbulb in my car. After pulling down half the car (it felt like I did), fighting mosqitos (we have not had any all summer but NOW they come), muttering words not fit for repeating... I had to give up....
Why do they have to make it so DIFFICULT????
Now I will have to spend money to have a pro change it - embarassing and irritating....

Sorry for whining...
Br//Sten
ericgolf
Earl
posted 09-28-11 15:22 EST (US)     730 / 1309       
wow the light on/though those autumn leaves in the RR pic is amazing!

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Lugm Campaign Contribute a Review
Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 09-28-11 17:12 EST (US)     731 / 1309       
What car have you got StenSture?

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
PCDania
Archer
posted 09-28-11 18:31 EST (US)     732 / 1309       
I feel with you StenSture. Last time I changed one of the lightbulbs in my car I cut myself because there's so little space behind the headlamps.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 09-30-2011 @ 03:18 AM).]

ColdCanuck
Archer
(id: Coldviper)
posted 09-29-11 14:46 EST (US)     733 / 1309       
They're is a whole different crowd of HG's over here.
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 09-29-11 16:12 EST (US)     734 / 1309       
Hi, friends!

I have decided to make another account on this forum. I am ex EagleKingNS, I haven't changing anything: the same avatar and the same signature!

The reason of this is only the fact I don't like appearing in different places with different names. So from now on I shall be called EaglePrince at all forums that has something to do with this brilliant game called Stronghold Crusader!
Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 09-29-11 16:52 EST (US)     735 / 1309       
If you feel better with this one, very well.

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
EagleKingNS
Archer
posted 09-29-11 17:37 EST (US)     736 / 1309       
Much better!

~SW~ EaglePrince
crests for Stronghold Crusader | crests for Stronghold 2
for any suggestions about these, or anything else, you can contact me through the guestbook on the website, or register there and send me a personal message
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 09-29-11 17:46 EST (US)     737 / 1309       
Hehe, I didn't log out at this computer! Now I've done it - once and for all!
StenSture2
Archer
posted 09-30-11 15:17 EST (US)     738 / 1309       
Hi
The car is a toyota prius. I Like it otherwise but why cant they keep simple things simple?
Br/Sten
Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 09-30-11 16:10 EST (US)     739 / 1309       
Maybe to discourage people from being weekend-mechanics

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 09-30-11 16:57 EST (US)     740 / 1309       
Hehe, if you like simplicity, you can buy a car imported from Serbia! All simple, no computers, no nothing: everything just like 30 years ago! Only not the same quality! :P

Only few years ago we started producing some new cars.
Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 09-30-11 17:08 EST (US)     741 / 1309       
Well, technology brings complexity and simpler are not always better.

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 09-30-11 17:55 EST (US)     742 / 1309       
Yeah, but something is something made more complex to make other things easier... That's the thing about those cars, they add computers, to make driving on ice easier for example... But when the time comes to repair that computer, problems arrive.
Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 09-30-11 18:22 EST (US)     743 / 1309       
Indeed, but I believe it's worth the price.

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 09-30-11 18:47 EST (US)     744 / 1309       
I guess I only depends of that how much money you have... For example, right now I fine with my "Yugo Florida", and if some part gets broken, it will not be too expensive for me to buy a new one. In the other hand, if I had some "Peugeout Megane", the same part would cost me way more money. Of course, when you have more money, it will not be so much a problem a buy a new part for that car, and you will drive a better car! And before it starts getting broken, you sell your car, and buy a new one.

At's all about money!
PCDania
Archer
posted 10-01-11 04:52 EST (US)     745 / 1309       
Sure you don't mean a Renault Megane? - or am I wrong? Btw, I have a Peugeot 206+ (also known as 206 Plus) 1.4 diesel.

EaglePrince
Archer
posted 10-01-11 06:25 EST (US)     746 / 1309       
Hehe, yeah, Reanault Megane... I was exhausted yesterday, and I made a mistake about that.

Peugeot 206 - that's nice car!
Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 10-01-11 06:32 EST (US)     747 / 1309       
Usually if you buy an expensive car it means you also have the money to fix it if something gets broken.

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 10-01-11 11:31 EST (US)     748 / 1309       
In fact there are people who get to a larger amount of money (inheritance, sell an apartment, sell his stocks (Yugoslavia was a communist country - people mostly know nothing about that), or some other way), and they act like the money fell from the sky! Then they buy a good expensive car and spend money on drink and food... Some time afterwards, they leave with no money, continue living their normal life. Then some accident happens about the car, they need to fix it, but this guy doesn't have money, and the car stays... And some time after, he sells the car for nothing just to get rid of it!

There is another aspect too: he was able to spend that money for something good - business maybe, and he would live better... But no, in that case, that would be some other person!

A know lots of people who acted this way with money.
Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 10-01-11 12:44 EST (US)     749 / 1309       
Yeah I also know that happens. It's in human's nature to waste stuff & time I guess however younger people behave like that to show up as being cool to other friends.

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 10-01-11 13:22 EST (US)     750 / 1309       
Yeah. it's typical for younger people, cause they still don't tent do acquire things like you said.

Anyway, there are middle-aged people who spent money like I said. You surely know some stuff about my country, dear Romanian neighbor. We were communist country, and during these ten years, companies and factories were being sold (transition to capitalism, but also a lot theft sadly - they never miss their chance!), and people were getting some money too. In one town near Novi Sad where I live, there is a valuable factory! Almost whole population of the town worked there! Then less then 10 years ago, some foreign company bought this factory, they drastically reduced number of employes giving people relatively high severance pays (for those people, that was a lot of money!). Rare are those who spent the money for business: most of them just bought new cars like I said, and they lived happily until there was no money. Well, you know the rest of story...
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 28 29 30 31 32 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames