You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1309 replies, Closed
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » Summer Solstice Recovery Room
Bottom
Topic Subject:Summer Solstice Recovery Room
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 38 39 40 41 42 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 01-01-10 03:12 EST (US)         

May God
grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel
So nothing
can harm you...

Laughter to cheer you,
Faithful friends near you,
And whenever you pray,
Heaven to hear you.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 10-04-2013 @ 04:30 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 08-29-12 23:07 EST (US)     976 / 1309       
Hope your flooding was not to bad PCD. We are slowly heading into fall here, some trees are starting to turn.
Other summer news from my little hamlet of Arcola...
We got thirty chicks in July and I now have a new coop and they are well on their way to laying hens. Also my garden has gone crazy with tomatoes and peppers.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

ericgolf
Earl
posted 09-15-12 01:26 EST (US)     977 / 1309       
Ate Chinese foos last night. In fact I think I over-ate. I guess I will skip lunch yo compensate :P

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Lugm Campaign Contribute a Review
ericgolf
Earl
posted 09-19-12 17:38 EST (US)     978 / 1309       
And I had Indian food on Saturday night. A friend of a friend was chef for the evening. We went to a proper Indian shop for the ingredients (actually my Indian friend explained the shop is Pakistani). Aside from the spices and the naan bread, it turned out that, for me, the best ingredient was a kind of white cheese that had a spongyness to it. This was served in a spinach sauce and eaten by hand by picking up cubes of the cheese with small bits od naan. The cheese had been browned in a frying pan. This was the starter and was truly the best indian dish I have ever eaten!

:P

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Doomsword
Earl
posted 09-19-12 17:55 EST (US)     979 / 1309       
I had a french-bread pizza last night and the roof of my mouth is all burned up like every time I have french-bread pizza, no matter how long I let it cool it is still like the molten core of the earth when you bite into the middle, there soo good.

/\.........................../\
/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
/_/./././|||||||||||||\.\.\.\_\
/_/./_/{||||||||||}\_\.\_\
/_/......X..|||..X......\_\
Timballisto
Archer
posted 09-19-12 17:55 EST (US)     980 / 1309       
I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich...And noodles.....That pretty much sums up my meals for the past few weeks xD.

-DOOMBRINGER-
"DOOMBRINGER, make a parking space IMMEDIATELY!"
"DOOMBRINGER declares it to be SO!"
"DOOMBRINGER, I command you to lay siege to THE ISS!"
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 09-20-12 12:30 EST (US)     981 / 1309       
Yummy eats guys, now I am hungry.

I make a good pizza with Naan bread. Better than the delivery pizza we just had last night. Would like to try some Indian food sometime.

Sorry you burnt your mouth Doomsword. Timballisto that sounds like standard college fare.

Seraph Lady Arcola

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 09-20-2012 @ 12:40 PM).]

Timballisto
Archer
posted 09-20-12 15:09 EST (US)     982 / 1309       
Perfect! In that case I must be doing it right, except peanut butter's getting pretty pricey these days for whatever reason :/ .

-DOOMBRINGER-
PCDania
Archer
(id: PCD)
posted 09-20-12 15:18 EST (US)     983 / 1309       
Probably the draught in USA.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
ericgolf
Earl
posted 09-22-12 04:20 EST (US)     984 / 1309       
peanut butter's getting pretty pricey these days
I too am partial to peanut butter :P (In Scotland a peanut butter sandwich would be called a peanut butter "piece", often.

I am down to the last half inch of peanutbutter in the jar in the cupboard. That may be the last I will have for a while. Recently I started watching my weight (and taking an interest in the calorie content of whatI eat). It turns out that if there is a more energy dense food in the average larder I am yet to find it. (I suppose there is lard... but I don't keep that so it doesn't count).

So it might be goodbye to peanut butter for me

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 09-22-12 22:03 EST (US)     985 / 1309       
I suppose there is lard... but I don't keep that so it doesn't count.
That just made me shudder Ericgolf, peanut butter would be a much healthier alternative.
You may want to check out the livestrong.com site, I did a while back to see how it could help my son gain weight but we also found you can use PB for weight loss.

How did everyone spend the first day of Autumn?

Seraph Lady Arcola

ericgolf
Earl
posted 09-23-12 15:44 EST (US)     986 / 1309       
we also found you can use PB for weight loss
Funny you should mention that because reducing refined carbohydrate intake and substituting fruit and veg was how I was tackling it. Indeed I had the majority of a 700g jar of PB in the cupboard when I started this and over 5 weeks have just about finished it... during which time I have been losing 1kg per week... I had it on some of my lunchtime pieces. So I guess it has been part of my weight loss regime.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 09-24-12 21:27 EST (US)     987 / 1309       
Congratulations on the pounds you have lost, Ericgolf.

We have trees turning gold here, red and yellows too. But it has been so dry that I dont think the leaves will last long. The leaves are dropping as soon as the color shows up.

Seraph Lady Arcola

Timballisto
Archer
posted 09-26-12 17:36 EST (US)     988 / 1309       
Can we have them just stay green? That would be great. I don't want summer to go away. Wait...Might be a bit late for that.

-DOOMBRINGER-
ericgolf
Earl
posted 09-27-12 14:11 EST (US)     989 / 1309       
I know what you mean about summer.... The leaves are starting to turn here too ... or ... depending on your viewpoint :P

One good thing: the roof repair man came today and fixed our roof. It has been needing some work and some water has been getting in. When I went up to inspect it a couple of weeks ago I found a lot of debris from loose pointing and broken pan tiles, as well as finding out that the leak was due to a lost piece of flashing. It has to be one of the more complicated roofs I have met: Pan tiles on some pitches, slates on others, and roofing felt in places :|

Anyway I hope it is tight up there now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 10-13-12 13:14 EST (US)     990 / 1309       
The last post was 09-27-12 ... is fall lulling everyone into hibernation? Myself included in that statement.

I have been gardening, freezing, learning to can and running kids from point A to point B. How is everyone else doing?

Seraph Lady Arcola

ericgolf
Earl
posted 10-13-12 15:58 EST (US)     991 / 1309       
learning to can
Some years we have pears to bottle, but not this year. No pears on the tree. Maybe I was too brutal in my pruning last year?. We only had a few plums this year too. Not a good harvest

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 10-13-12 20:46 EST (US)     992 / 1309       
Having that same problem with our apple tree Ericgolf, we had apples galore a few years ago and then we pruned and got none. The drought really damaged the fruit crop here this year too.

Seraph Lady Arcola

Civis Romanus
Earl
posted 10-14-12 12:45 EST (US)     993 / 1309       
Lady Arcola: Look for my e-mail in your HeavenGames e-mail account.
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 10-17-12 22:57 EST (US)     994 / 1309       
Got it and replied, thanks.

Seraph Lady Arcola

ericgolf
Earl
posted 10-20-12 03:29 EST (US)     995 / 1309       
....this year. ... Not a good harvest
..but we had pear crumble made with bottled pears from last year :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 10-24-12 23:14 EST (US)     996 / 1309       
That sounds good Ericgolf.
Has anyone seen any giant pumpkins this fall? I have seen 3 so far they were in the 200 pound range. I guess the hot temps we had caused some rapid pumpkin growth.

Seraph Lady Arcola

ericgolf
Earl
posted 10-26-12 18:33 EST (US)     997 / 1309       
They had an article on the TV this evening about lots of things you can cook with the stuff you get out of the pumpkin.... None of it looked taht appetising though :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Timballisto
Archer
posted 10-26-12 23:05 EST (US)     998 / 1309       
30 varieties of orange goo, I can hardly contain my excitement.

-DOOMBRINGER-
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 10-27-12 00:10 EST (US)     999 / 1309       
Wow, not to change the subject, but wow we are now one post away from the 1000th post count. LOL This RR started on 1-1-2010 should we take it to its glorious three year mark of 1-1-2013 or end it at 1000 posts?

Seraph Lady Arcola

PCDania
Archer
(id: PCD)
posted 10-27-12 04:18 EST (US)     1000 / 1309       
Tadaaaaa. Post 1000 in this issue of "The Sword and Buckler Inn"

Free beer or soft drinks to everyone!

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 38 39 40 41 42 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames