You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1309 replies, Closed
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » Summer Solstice Recovery Room
Bottom
Topic Subject:Summer Solstice Recovery Room
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 16 17 18 19 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 01-01-10 03:12 EST (US)         

May God
grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel
So nothing
can harm you...

Laughter to cheer you,
Faithful friends near you,
And whenever you pray,
Heaven to hear you.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 10-04-2013 @ 04:30 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
DesertMonarch
Archer
posted 11-29-10 14:19 EST (US)     426 / 1309       
R.I.P

While I said that we got our first little hit of snow yesterday... Today "big" is a better way to describe the snow

It has been snowing for 7 hours straight now, although the last two saw some very mild snowing.

And as a result of that was and is ( for some people who are still in it at 20:17 PM ) the worst evening rush hour in the history of the Netherlands...

A total of 880 Kilometers of traffic jam......
The normal maximum amount is arround 200.....

[This message has been edited by DesertMonarch (edited 11-29-2010 @ 02:21 PM).]

Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 12-01-10 10:21 EST (US)     427 / 1309       
Some must have drifted over to the states, DM, we are in our third hour of a light snowfall. It is the first snow of the year here and with it comes the chilly wind that whips the snow as it falls. *burrrrrrr*

* stokes the big RR fireplace*
* sets out lots of warm eats and drinks * Enjoy *

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

DesertMonarch
Archer
posted 12-01-10 10:39 EST (US)     428 / 1309       
I'll need those last ones

Temperatures didn't go above -6C today....
Cycling really is hell at that temperature
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 12-05-10 00:29 EST (US)     429 / 1309       
First snowman of the year made by my littlest. She used the wagon to go find enough snow to make him. LOL

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/w55Vib4JO83XjRsGOB-pDQ?feat=directlink

And the whole snowman .
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/zulQaukHh83PmL-UD5ti1g?feat=directlink

I can't seem to get them to imbed on here from Picasa.

Seraph Lady Arcola

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 12-05-2010 @ 00:36 AM).]

PCDania
Archer
(id: PCD)
posted 12-05-10 05:23 EST (US)     430 / 1309       
Wow Lady A, I thought you had way more snow at your place. I believe we have got at least 10 inches of snow the most places here in Denmark and it's just started snowing again Yeah, I don't like snow. It looks nice but I get so cold and take so long to get warm again....

So you can't get it to embed. Let's see if I can solve that one:

What I did:

On your picasa site showing the picture I right clicked the picture and copied the url shown in the popup.

I pasted it here and added the IMG tags to it and there it is

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 12-05-2010 @ 05:24 AM).]

Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 12-05-10 05:35 EST (US)     431 / 1309       
Nice lil' snowman LA

He actually "rock'n roll" with his right hand, or is he saying OK?

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
ericgolf
Earl
posted 12-05-10 18:00 EST (US)     432 / 1309       
Hey! I have been looking all over for those gloves!

Exam tommorow for me. Of them all this is the one I am most likely to fail... eek

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Lugm Campaign Contribute a Review
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 12-06-10 10:32 EST (US)     433 / 1309       
Thanks PCD, I was using their embed link, and it was going catty wampus when I put it in leaving only the album link. LOL
You should get a wood stove PCD or a pellet stove and it would roast you out of the house. Or is wood hard to come by there?

Knowing my youngest Lord of Hell, she most likely has him waving, but the one arm moves up and down easily so he could also be Rockin out. He is probably wishing he could come inside its been snowing and windy for 3 days here. Not much accumulation but steady snow today. The kids had a 2 hour delay for school.

Ericgolf I hope you pass them all. Best of luck on them.

*warm drinks and yummy eats set out for us* Enjoy

Seraph Lady Arcola

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 12-06-2010 @ 10:35 AM).]

PCDania
Archer
posted 12-06-10 11:22 EST (US)     434 / 1309       
Oh, if just I could install such a stove and getting wood for it would be no problem. Actually I can order it through the local supermarket. Unfortunately I live in a tiny room I have rented in an apartment so I would not be allowed to and an electric heater is out of the question, I would most likely blow the fuses....

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 12-08-10 13:18 EST (US)     435 / 1309       
I hope you have some down quilts to keep warm in. Thats to bad that they do not let you supplement your heat, PCD.

Hopefully it is warmer everywhere else...we have sun and the lovely high of 23.9F / -4.5C. Burrrrrr

That calls for a nice refresh of our buffet.
*Warm drinks and tasty eats for all* Enjoy

Seraph Lady Arcola

DesertMonarch
Archer
posted 12-08-10 14:05 EST (US)     436 / 1309       
It has warmed up a bit...
Temperatures hovering around the freezing point for the last few days.

It makes you wish stronghold was real...
Always nice sunny weather
PCDania
Archer
posted 12-08-10 16:53 EST (US)     437 / 1309       
Fortunately I have a cotton blanket help keep me from freezing.

*takes a mug of French Coffee*

Doomsword
Earl
posted 12-09-10 07:58 EST (US)     438 / 1309       
There was a short article on the economy of medieval times making the rounds yesterday,
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/newsandevents/pressreleases/medieval_england_twice

Theres also a link to the longer version with lots of graphs and sciency stuff.

It basically says how the people of merry 'ol England were generally quite well off with a healthy mixed diet of meat, apples, cheese, bread and ale.

/\.........................../\
/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
/_/./././|||||||||||||\.\.\.\_\
/_/./_/{||||||||||}\_\.\_\
/_/......X..|||..X......\_\

[This message has been edited by Doomsword (edited 12-09-2010 @ 06:25 PM).]

Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 12-09-10 11:56 EST (US)     439 / 1309       
Interesting indeed

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
PCDania
Archer
posted 12-11-10 04:31 EST (US)     440 / 1309       
85% of the snow melted over night. It's just as unbelievable as getting a foot of snow this time of year. One more reason to blame Al Gore.

DesertMonarch
Archer
posted 12-11-10 08:53 EST (US)     441 / 1309       
all the snow here is gone too....
But that's because of the rain
Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 12-11-10 11:29 EST (US)     442 / 1309       
That's because of the global warming, lol

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 12-13-10 02:19 EST (US)     443 / 1309       
Humm and I am suffering from global freezing. LOL it has been snowing for 2 days now. We are getting a nice blanket of fresh snow as I type.

* places a nice buffet out and stokes the RR fire *
Enjoy

Seraph Lady Arcola

Lord Michael I
Knight
posted 12-15-10 18:41 EST (US)     444 / 1309       
And finally I'm out on holidays I get the grades for my finals in January, which is kinda lame, but still

Now back to playing some STALKER!

My Johari window.
Do you have what it takes to hold off Saladins' forces? Find out here...
"I think most people are trying to forget Aqua... Most people I know still haven't recovered from Barbie Girl" - QuickDraw
Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 12-15-10 18:51 EST (US)     445 / 1309       
Why stalker? Stronghold still rocks

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
PCDania
Archer
posted 12-16-10 03:56 EST (US)     446 / 1309       
It was freezing yesterday but it has returned to + degrees over the night leading to a little rain early in the morning. This means I don't have to use 10 minutes out in the cold removing ice and snow from my car.

PCDania
Archer
posted 12-16-10 05:26 EST (US)     447 / 1309       
Eeeww, it has started snowing again.

Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 12-16-10 05:34 EST (US)     448 / 1309       
*finally* it started snowing here. After days of sunny but cold-like-hell atmosphere, a big cloud covered the sky and started snowing Hopefully the snow layer will be thick. Bad for cars indeed but it's winter after all

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
Younghappy
Archer
posted 12-16-10 08:08 EST (US)     449 / 1309       
Heading back to Northern Ireland tomorrow. I haven't seen any family since September 15th! Hoping the snow doesn't affewct my travel plans tomorrow.

"the only thing that makes me feel safe is the fact that this is the 20th one of these camps my school has done and snakes are reptiles so they get their energy from the sun so when the sun goes down hopefully they will go to sleep or whatever they do and not decide to sleep with me when they discover there log isn't very comfortable."-scragins
PCDania
Archer
posted 12-16-10 10:44 EST (US)     450 / 1309       
- and the snow stopped again, it started freezing so a lot of the minor roads are now covered in ice. Luckily most people seems to drive very careful.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 16 17 18 19 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames