You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1309 replies, Closed
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » Summer Solstice Recovery Room
Bottom
Topic Subject:Summer Solstice Recovery Room
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 21 22 23 24 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 01-01-10 03:12 EST (US)         

May God
grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel
So nothing
can harm you...

Laughter to cheer you,
Faithful friends near you,
And whenever you pray,
Heaven to hear you.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 10-04-2013 @ 04:30 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Merepatra
HG Alumnus
posted 02-22-11 17:47 EST (US)     526 / 1309       
Just made a post in the SHK forum and thought I would drop in and say hello. Its been a while but still some familiar names around. Hope everyone is well.
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 02-23-11 01:12 EST (US)     527 / 1309       
Thank You Mere, nice to see you again. Glad you recognize some names still.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

PCDania
Archer
(id: PCD)
posted 02-23-11 03:26 EST (US)     528 / 1309       
Hi Merepatra, nice seing you

A-hem Lady Arcola, wasn't there something about a breakfast?

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 02-23-11 14:24 EST (US)     529 / 1309       
LOL, yes Sire, blame the blizzard that just hit us again. We had a wonderful few days of very warm weather and just when we thought it was smooth sailing into spring it just hammered us again.

~*~ Sets out an all you can eat Breakfast-Dinner Buffet ~*~
Enjoy

Seraph Lady Arcola

Younghappy
Archer
posted 02-23-11 19:14 EST (US)     530 / 1309       
Hey folks. Been a hectic few weeks for me, but I have to settle back into a good routine again.

I cooked a really nice meal tonight for two new American girls at university...think it went down pretty well. I got a bike puncture a few miles away when I was in the city shopping for ingredients and had to run the whole way back just to get there in time.

I've also been told I am famous within the Japanese student population of Stirling Uni

Everything else is going well. Weather isn't too cold either.

"the only thing that makes me feel safe is the fact that this is the 20th one of these camps my school has done and snakes are reptiles so they get their energy from the sun so when the sun goes down hopefully they will go to sleep or whatever they do and not decide to sleep with me when they discover there log isn't very comfortable."-scragins
PCDania
Archer
posted 02-24-11 03:03 EST (US)     531 / 1309       
Oh, be carefull about mixing up girls of different nationalities, don't want to start a major war on campus, do we?

Thanks for the breakfast Lady Arcola, tastes great. Seems there is plenty so who ever likes are free to tuck in

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 02-25-11 04:44 EST (US)     532 / 1309       
Hey,

Today is my birthday
*Expecting an awesome day*

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
Adam the First
Archer
posted 02-25-11 05:09 EST (US)     533 / 1309       
Happy Birthday Lord_of_Hell! I hope your day will be just as awesome as you expect.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." ~ Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by Adam the First (edited 02-25-2011 @ 05:09 AM).]

PCDania
Archer
posted 02-25-11 09:44 EST (US)     534 / 1309       
Happy birthday. I hope your birthday gets better than expected but not so much it ruins all future birthdays

Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 02-25-11 18:48 EST (US)     535 / 1309       
Thanks

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 02-26-11 03:16 EST (US)     536 / 1309       
Your birthday is on the same day as our littlest, Lord_of_Hell. WE got 5 inches of snow to start off Friday. It did warm up to be a nice sunny day and fun for her birthday. I hope you had a nice one too.

Brings in leftover Dairy Queen Ice cream cake to share.
Enjoy

Seraph Lady Arcola

Younghappy
Archer
posted 02-26-11 06:32 EST (US)     537 / 1309       
I'm in my shorts and tee shirt today! And my two new american friends are cooking me breakfast as I speak...a fine day

"the only thing that makes me feel safe is the fact that this is the 20th one of these camps my school has done and snakes are reptiles so they get their energy from the sun so when the sun goes down hopefully they will go to sleep or whatever they do and not decide to sleep with me when they discover there log isn't very comfortable."-scragins
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 02-27-11 21:41 EST (US)     538 / 1309       
Can you send that warm weather over to the states YH? I am sick of winter!

Seraph Lady Arcola

Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 03-01-11 01:36 EST (US)     539 / 1309       
Nice! March 1 that means it is only 19 more days till the first day of spring!

Whips up a grand buffet. Enjoy

Seraph Lady Arcola

DesertMonarch
Archer
posted 03-01-11 13:57 EST (US)     540 / 1309       
Meteorologicaly speaking today is the first day of spring for the the northern hemisphere
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 03-01-11 18:38 EST (US)     541 / 1309       
Nice DesertMonarch, I would be ok with that too.

I fear though, winter will throw a few more storms before it is yet over. Though today was warm and it did feel like spring with the nice sunshine.

Seraph Lady Arcola

Younghappy
Archer
posted 03-03-11 10:47 EST (US)     542 / 1309       
Hey folks. One of my modules this semester is really quite interesting.

It's called Environmental history, so it is a mix of a politcs, history and earth science. The main part is the study of how Scottish landscapes have changed over time with a special focus on how humans have managed and used the land & resources, changed the landuse to meet new requirements, why certain things changed.

Lots of old maps involved, historical documents, charters, the lot. And some of the economic aspects and terminolgy of Stronghold are relevant too. This module is Stronghold player's dream come true! I can use some new terminology in my Dalriada campaign such as Davoch, which was an ancient means of dividing out the land to groups of people so that each group had enough of each resource. Did you know that in certain medieval societies, no family had the same field two years in a row? The lord, baron or monks would distrubute the land on a lottery based system each year. Perhaps a fair system but it provided no incentive for the tennants to improve their allocated land as they wouldn't reap the benefits anyway.

Civis Romanus
Earl
posted 03-04-11 16:10 EST (US)     543 / 1309       
Hi guys:
Been away awhile. Earlier did some testing on the new Strongholds game. Fun.

Still snowing here? It's 70 degrees where I am. What winter?

I think I should give some attention to that story which has dragged on for so long. Will drop in again some time. Put some logs on the fire. Gotta compensate for the snow somehow.
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 03-05-11 20:39 EST (US)     544 / 1309       
LOL, it is no longer snowing in here till next year. Sorry Civis.

Though in real life we did get more snow today.

YH, that does sound like a dream course! Let us know how you do in it. How do you like school in Scotland? Is the terrain vastly different from where you live?

Seraph Lady Arcola

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 03-05-2011 @ 08:40 PM).]

Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 03-10-11 12:07 EST (US)     545 / 1309       
Humm if I bake Brownies will it entice someone to come into the RR? LOL

Cold and chilly spring weather, we are just above the freezing mark with a snow flake now and again, more drizzle than snow. Combine that with our wonderful gray sky and you have the perfect cold, gloomy day.

***Starts the fire and puts on tea to have with warm brownies. ***
Enjoy

Seraph Lady Arcola

Younghappy
Archer
posted 03-10-11 17:25 EST (US)     546 / 1309       
In the space of a week the weather has changed from shorts and tee-shirt weather to snow falling *looks out window* yep there is a small layer of snow forming again!

I'm heading off home tomorrow for my Grandmother's 90th birthday. All the family are travelling home for it so it's a major catch up

Uni in Scotland is great, not so much pressure in 1st year.
At the minute I am reading through a document written in 1542 about the economic and defence strength of towns along the Anglo-Scots border. Interesting stuff.

Civis Romanus
Earl
posted 03-11-11 13:42 EST (US)     547 / 1309       
Don't burn. It's easy for you guys isn't it?

BTW, I don't know if you ever mentioned what uni you're attending in Scotland, if you are willing to say. Is it Edinburgh or perhaps St. Andrew's? Somewhere else?
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 03-12-11 00:05 EST (US)     548 / 1309       
Hope you made it home safely Younghappy. That is neat your Gran has everyone coming for that event. Hope she has a wonderful time.

Seraph Lady Arcola

Younghappy
Archer
posted 03-13-11 18:03 EST (US)     549 / 1309       
Thanks for the greetings, she was so pleased to see us all

I'm in Stirling University, just got back this evening.

Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 03-16-11 17:33 EST (US)     550 / 1309       
Glad you had a great time YH.

Would you mind if I used one of your spring pictures for the RR pic?

We have sun today and it finally feels spring like outside.

* Sets out a spring Buffet *
Enjoy

Seraph Lady Arcola

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 21 22 23 24 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames