You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1309 replies, Closed
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » Summer Solstice Recovery Room
Bottom
Topic Subject:Summer Solstice Recovery Room
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 26 27 28 29 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 01-01-10 03:12 EST (US)         

May God
grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel
So nothing
can harm you...

Laughter to cheer you,
Faithful friends near you,
And whenever you pray,
Heaven to hear you.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 10-04-2013 @ 04:30 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 07-17-11 22:46 EST (US)     676 / 1309       
Yes, I was on Holiday. It was great and now I'm back to work and catching up.

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\| Seraph |//--/_____/
\\//\\//
ericgolf
Earl
posted 07-23-11 16:53 EST (US)     677 / 1309       
I suppose the books weren't as good as he had expected.
She wasn't angry. She is just daft. You are right that she found something unexpected. but it was just that she had expected her whole body would fit through the too narrow gap above the books :P

That cat is one of the silliest cats I have met. She was messing about weaving in and around and up under our landing and stair bannisters. I could see she was going to fall. I had decide: would me trying to grab her before the probable fall cause a definite fall with a less controlled landing... or should I let the cat get on with it. They are supposed to be experts at cat-like maneuvres after all... Anyway, 1 second later, as predicted, she did fall off the banister and bounced off the other banister lower down before landing on the stairs below. She did not bat an eyelid. She seem perfectly composed, like she fell down stairs all the time and was completely used to it.

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Lugm Campaign Contribute a Review

[This message has been edited by ericgolf (edited 07-23-2011 @ 05:06 PM).]

Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 07-23-11 18:04 EST (US)     678 / 1309       
My cats have a similar silly behavior sometimes, but it is so funny to watch them. I never bothered to catch any in the eventuality of falling; who knows, maybe it's done on purpose, lol. They anyway not seem to care about, like you said, completely used to it.

This is one of the boys.
He's a smart hunter but likes to run rather than fight :P

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 07-27-11 10:30 EST (US)     679 / 1309       
We have a silly cat too, she only comes out from under the bed to eat. She will roam the house at night but hides all day.

Having some wonderful weather here, after the bad heat that scorched the US last week. Almost can feel the cool creeping back, you know that hint of colder months to follow. Hopefully it will be awhile till that hits. Though the Eastern Scissor-grinder Cicada have begun their singing and that means summer has only about 6 weeks left.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

PCDania
Archer
(id: PCD)
posted 07-27-11 10:46 EST (US)     680 / 1309       
Just had the first 2 days of sunshine in my Summer vacation and the vacation is half done with... Well, at least I can finally enjoy the sun.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 07-28-11 11:21 EST (US)     681 / 1309       
Are you going anywhere special while on your vacation, PCDania?

\\//\\//
PCDania
Archer
posted 07-28-11 11:53 EST (US)     682 / 1309       
Last week I visited a Christian Summer camp half an hours drive by car from me. 7th of August I'm off for my nephews wedding (work starts again 8th of August). That's all I have planned. What I really need is just relaxing so I have not planned anything special.

How about you (and everybody else)?

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 07-28-2011 @ 11:54 AM).]

Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 07-29-11 19:10 EST (US)     683 / 1309       
How about you (and everybody else)?
I'll go to Black Sea next week
Hopefully the weather will be fine. Summer rains are getting more frequent after days with high temperatures.
- but that's why Americans and their satellites are for

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//

[This message has been edited by Lord_of_Hell (edited 07-29-2011 @ 07:13 PM).]

PCDania
Archer
posted 07-31-11 14:58 EST (US)     684 / 1309       
Oh the irony. Finally getting some great sunshine and then yesterday (Saturday), I went down to the lake for enjoying the great weather for about an hour. Ended up talking with a man who took a seat on the same bench as I were sitting on, got home about 4 hours later. Now I got a nice red sunburn with a slightly swollen nose and forehead so I will have to stay out of the sun for quite some time. What a nice picture I will likely be next sunday at my nephews wedding...

Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 07-31-11 15:44 EST (US)     685 / 1309       
Just use some moisturising cream for the red skin to fall quicker
4 hours doesn't sound like much. I guess you're not used with bright sun.

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//

[This message has been edited by Lord_of_Hell (edited 07-31-2011 @ 03:47 PM).]

PCDania
Archer
posted 07-31-11 19:08 EST (US)     686 / 1309       
The first thing I did when I came home was taking a shower using lukewarm water and then put on an excellent moisturing cream. Unfortunately I accidentally scratced my nose so a thin layer of skin has peeled off.

It's not as much not being used to the bright sun, it's more because I'm a category 2 what tanning goes. Category 2 which I belong to are Celtic and Scandinavian types typically having light/pale skin, blond hair and blue/green eyes and will often get a tan. If I'm careful I can manage a nice light brown tanning but it doesn't take much to become red instead.

Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 07-31-11 23:08 EST (US)     687 / 1309       
LOL, PCD, you just described my lineage and skin, hair and eye color to a T. Only difference is I burn and burn and burn, I diligently stay out of the sun. I do gradually turn a couple of shades warmer as the summer wears on.

Instead of going on a vacation this year we have been visiting Clear Lake every Saturday. It is a wonderful way to go a spend the day. Looking out across the lake.

Seraph Lady Arcola

PCDania
Archer
posted 08-01-11 04:26 EST (US)     688 / 1309       
Ah, so you know how carefull one have to be. Another thing is the UV-index. Here in Denmark we usually fit in the Moderate group in the UV-index at Summer when we actually do have sun and few clouds. The type 2 are advised to wear hat and clothing when out in the sun or a really good sunblocker. What happened to me Saturday is that I've actually got a bit of tan so I would be able to be out in the sun for about an hour, unfortunately for my skin it became more like 3-4 hours instead because I had a really good time together with that guy on the bench.
lineage and skin, hair and eye color to a T
Well, there is no 'T' in those words

Joke aside, do you know where that saying originates from? I don't think we have any similar saying here in Denmark. Remembered a Danish saying that is similar and just as confusing We say "It fits like a dot".

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 08-01-2011 @ 04:31 AM).]

PCDania
Archer
posted 08-02-11 04:33 EST (US)     689 / 1309       
Now I look like I've been in a fight. The scratch on my nose and my left eye getting swollen during the night because of some fluid having deposited/collected(?) around it, makes for a scary sight I just hope and pray I look much better on Sunday, I would hate going to a wedding looking like this.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 08-02-2011 @ 04:36 AM).]

Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 08-02-11 08:43 EST (US)     690 / 1309       
Your burns sound dreadful, PCD. Even worse than my half-striped back.

\\//\\//
PCDania
Archer
posted 08-02-11 08:57 EST (US)     691 / 1309       
So you got a good lashing?

At least my sunburns are almost without pain so only thing currently bothering me is the sight on my left eye is less than optimal (for my age) because it's half closed. I only need someone to paint it in different shades of blue and people would think I've been in a fight

Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 08-16-11 16:48 EST (US)     692 / 1309       
Good grief guys, did everyone disappear?

Seraph Lady Arcola

Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 08-16-11 17:32 EST (US)     693 / 1309       
Lack of talking subjects maybe
I'm here.

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
Timballisto
Archer
posted 08-17-11 00:58 EST (US)     694 / 1309       
I never really come in here. Also, I'm still not real sure what a recovery room is supposed to be.

-DOOMBRINGER-
"DOOMBRINGER, make a parking space IMMEDIATELY!"
"DOOMBRINGER declares it to be SO!"
"DOOMBRINGER, I command you to lay siege to THE ISS!"
Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 08-17-11 06:07 EST (US)     695 / 1309       
It's some sort of an offtopic place where people can talk things apart from Stronghold. Since it's under "The Sword and Buckler Inn" and named as "Recovery", what else can it be?

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 08-17-11 15:33 EST (US)     696 / 1309       
They started years ago to recover from a party threads.
The best explanation is from Jayhawk in our very first RR:
Here.

Ours is a place where all members can come in and chat about anything off topic. Eat and drink from the virtual buffet.
Be silly with in reason, we have had some great food fights and just other silly stuff. I truly wish all members knew where this was in the forums we could really have a great community section if more peeps posted in here.

Seraph Lady Arcola

Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 08-17-11 16:13 EST (US)     697 / 1309       
I truly wish all members knew where this was in the forums
Some people who are already familiar with the forums know about its existence, but just doesn't pop in.

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
Timballisto
Archer
posted 08-18-11 01:55 EST (US)     698 / 1309       
Hmm...Okay. I don't see a menu abouts. Guess I'll just eat some of the table...Mmm, delicious table...

-DOOMBRINGER-
"DOOMBRINGER, make a parking space IMMEDIATELY!"
"DOOMBRINGER declares it to be SO!"
"DOOMBRINGER, I command you to lay siege to THE ISS!"
Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 08-18-11 10:49 EST (US)     699 / 1309       
I don't see a menu abouts
There isn't one because you can actually eat anything.
Awesome buffet, isn't it?

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 08-18-11 11:35 EST (US)     700 / 1309       
Welcome back Tim!

Back from NYC. With pictures coming soon.

\\//\\//
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 26 27 28 29 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames