You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1309 replies, Closed
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » Summer Solstice Recovery Room
Bottom
Topic Subject:Summer Solstice Recovery Room
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 29 30 31 32 33 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 01-01-10 03:12 EST (US)         

May God
grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel
So nothing
can harm you...

Laughter to cheer you,
Faithful friends near you,
And whenever you pray,
Heaven to hear you.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 10-04-2013 @ 04:30 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 10-03-11 16:43 EST (US)     751 / 1309       
Progress, I hope, is positive where you live, EaglePrince.

So...SH3 has been delayed to October 25th.

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\| Seraph |//--/_____/
\\//\\//
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 10-04-11 09:50 EST (US)     752 / 1309       
It is positive - slowly it's getting better, and soon I hope you may see us as candidates for entering the European Union! Sometimes I am talking about some "bad things", so it looks like I'm a pessimist, but for me, the glass of water is half full, not half empty...

Sad to hear that, but I only want them to do a good job!
Time is on my side!
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 10-04-11 10:23 EST (US)     753 / 1309       
I think the delay will be good for the game.

And that's great to hear EaglePrince. I hope your country does qualify for the EU.

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\| Seraph |//--/_____/
\\//\\//
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 10-04-11 11:16 EST (US)     754 / 1309       
Thanks!

Yeah, I just hope that is because they want to publish a good game!
WL_D Arthus
Master Illuminator
posted 10-13-11 22:03 EST (US)     755 / 1309       
How is everyone? been awhile since I have stopped in here

Would have thought with SH3 around the corner there would be more activity around the forums but hopfully some senior members pop up and get this place buzzing again, this forum is in a pretty sorry state.
Not here to continue a debate that had me leave, however, you guys have done nothing to promote new visitors and just as I tried to say you now next to no members. If you want to turn things around i'm more than happy to help, just an email away for you guys as always.

Wish I had storeies to share but my life is pretty boring these days, finally getting some great weather here now though so cycling and hiking are back on
Gold hunting has been replaced by gold buying, less work
PCDania
Archer
(id: PCD)
posted 10-14-11 03:05 EST (US)     756 / 1309       
Hi Arthus.

Well, let's see. We finally got some sunshine here in Denmark after the coldest summertime summer in decades. I'm doing my second playthrough of DX:HR. First time I did't kill anyone but the bosses but saved often manually. That was fun and a bit challenging. This time I'm killing all but civilians and the crazies while trying not being seen and using only the auto-saves. That is much easier, faster and not quite as fun. Both times are played on medium difficulty. Next week I'm off from work and have some Rage-ing to try out. Have done a little appetizing on it and it looks promising.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
WL_D Arthus
Master Illuminator
posted 10-14-11 07:18 EST (US)     757 / 1309       
Today we got up to 25 degrees and I almost found it too hot, I really am going to struggle when we get those 40+ days.

Haven't played DX:HR or Rage yet, been meaning to but i'm addicted to dark souls on the PS3 at the moment...my wallet is going to hate me by years end
I'm a big FPS fan so I have to get BF3, going to be tough to choose which to play first as it comes out the same day as SH3.
Great to see you're still around, you're missed at fireflyworlds, that place is going downhill in a big way too.
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 10-14-11 15:32 EST (US)     758 / 1309       
I just hope, that here will be more talking after SH3 is released. By the way, is there a facebook page for Stronghold Heaven? That would be a good way for promotion, but I don't know if such a thing exists, cause I have blocked facebook on both my PC's because of my brother...

(As you might notice, he hasn't killed me in sleep yet! )
Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 10-14-11 17:25 EST (US)     759 / 1309       
SHH does have a facebook page, but it can't be considered as a successful promoting campaign
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000221568859#!/group.php?gid=251571753849&v=wall

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 10-14-11 18:38 EST (US)     760 / 1309       
I am sad to hear that... But still I hope it will get better after releasing SH3.
Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 10-14-11 18:43 EST (US)     761 / 1309       
The issue is not getting people, because new users come anyway. The issue is keeping them.

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 10-14-11 19:00 EST (US)     762 / 1309       
Maybe enabling email notification could help a little. When someone posts in a topic, he would have a checkbox, if he would like to receive an email notification, when someone answers. I happens to me for example to post something, and some a lot time later someone to add something on my comment, without me noticing that.

Anyway, that should be a simple thing that bands visitor a little more to the forum. Am I right?
Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 10-15-11 05:32 EST (US)     763 / 1309       
Could be, but I have mixed opinions about that.
Most of the new users are mapmakers who stick with the downloads section for a while, without checking the forums. In addition, few people let their e-mail show up to avoid spam emails.

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 10-15-11 05:39 EST (US)     764 / 1309       
"In addition, few people let their e-mail show up to avoid spam emails."
Yeah, but this is not making email address public, it's only about automatic notifications from the website...
PCDania
Archer
posted 10-15-11 05:49 EST (US)     765 / 1309       
Suggestions for e-mail notification has popped up for years here at HeavenGames and it has allways been voted down. As far as I remember it's because there are so few people using it that it's not worth the effort doing the coding. So, never say never, but there is very little chance we ever get it. On a side note, people were asking for a PM channel here at HG which was then created. It was used a little bit in the start but then died out so, well... I'm not even sure it's functional any more.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 10-15-11 07:39 EST (US)     766 / 1309       
Well, yeah, a lot of people rarely check their email inbox... I rely on email notifications as much as I can, that makes me a lot things way easier...

If under PM you meant on personal messages, I thing is is not so necessary, and even I like it more when people speak to each other through topics, rather than speaking through personal messages - I guess it is better for community.
ericgolf
Earl
posted 10-17-11 14:14 EST (US)     767 / 1309       
We had amazing rain today! It started of a lovely morning but then late morning i start rain and wind and kept chucking it down 'til tea time. I met some dodgy bits of road on the way home with fooding. One man-hole cover had been forced off by upwelling drain water.

Edit:
Sorry PCD here is a translation:
We had amazing rain today! It started off as a lovely morning but then, during late morning, the rain and wind started and kept precipitating heavily until evening meal time. I met some stretches of road that were difficult to negotiate on the way home due to flooding. One man-hole cover had been forced off by upwelling drain water.

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Lugm Campaign Contribute a Review

[This message has been edited by ericgolf (edited 10-18-2011 @ 02:28 PM).]

PCDania
Archer
posted 10-18-11 04:45 EST (US)     768 / 1309       
Good you made it home safe and sound. It's raining here too but only that kind of drizzle that doesn't look like much but surprises by how fast you get soaked.

Spellchecking, spellchecking (not me, as a Dane I'm allowed my own way of writing in English as long as it doesn't look too strange.)

ericgolf
Earl
posted 10-18-11 14:25 EST (US)     769 / 1309       
'Apologies for my worse than usual typing. I have added a translation to my previous post.
In case you are wondering about the source just Google "Golfese to English Translator" :P

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Lugm Campaign Contribute a Review

[This message has been edited by ericgolf (edited 10-18-2011 @ 02:26 PM).]

Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 10-18-11 16:00 EST (US)     770 / 1309       
LOL your not typing on an I pad are you Eric? That looks like my typing after a post on it.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 10-19-11 15:28 EST (US)     771 / 1309       
LOL your not typing on an I pad are you Eric?
You're*

Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 10-19-11 16:13 EST (US)     772 / 1309       
Winner of the folowing XI annual awards:

RTWH Caligula Award (Craziest Forumer)-tied in first place with the wonderfull Vampiric Canniba.
RTWH Lucius Cornelius Sulla Award (Most Improved Forumer).
RLT Longshanks Award (Favourite Forumer Nickname)- Liamidas.
RLT Ser Woof Onerry Trofy (Worst Speller Award, grammar included).
Your award is impressive for a critical person

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
PCDania
Archer
posted 10-19-11 19:40 EST (US)     773 / 1309       
LOL your not typing on an I pad are you Eric?
You're*
You forgot this one:
I pad = iPad

Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 10-20-11 00:55 EST (US)     774 / 1309       
OK, guys send me back to grammar and punctuation class. LOL

Usually I would catch that but I was tired when I was posting that comment.

It is just pouring down rain here and has been since yesterday. It is supposed to continue on through till Friday. The trees are loosing all their leaves, I guess we are in for some cold weather all ready, it's supposed to dip below freezing tomorrow. Sounds like a good reason to set out a nice buffet.

* warm drinks and good eats are now set out for your pleasure* Enjoy

Seraph Lady Arcola

PCDania
Archer
posted 10-20-11 05:30 EST (US)     775 / 1309       
OK, guys send me back to grammar and punctuation class. LOL
Don't you think you should ask for getting a refund from the school? (That's what we sometimes say in Denmark in cases like this)

- - - - - - - -

Cold here, clear blue sky but now and then visited by a rain shower. Yeah, pretty strange weather. If it were not for the low temperature I'm inclined to say the weather is better then back when they claim we had Summer.

In other news: The new Danish government (they have been the official government sinse 2nd of Oct.) has broken a record: If there were elections today -20th of Oct- they would loose. The basic problems is the 3 parties making the government knew beforehand, that it was very likely they would win and have to work together if they wanted the majority.

The first thing they do after officially taking over is running from most of their promises, especially those that would give people a little more money. So, today most people expect their economy to become even worse than what the economic recession allready does. It would have been a bit different if the 3 parties had not known beforehand that they most likely would win the elections, but they knew. Smells pretty much of 'we are ready to promise what ever it takes to win the elections, if we win it doesn't matter what we said'.

PS: Yes, I know. Both grammar and punctuation stinks but I guess you get it.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 10-20-2011 @ 05:34 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 29 30 31 32 33 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames