You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1309 replies, Closed
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » Summer Solstice Recovery Room
Bottom
Topic Subject:Summer Solstice Recovery Room
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 01-01-10 03:12 EST (US)         

May God
grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel
So nothing
can harm you...

Laughter to cheer you,
Faithful friends near you,
And whenever you pray,
Heaven to hear you.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 10-04-2013 @ 04:30 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
MNICY
Archer
posted 01-04-10 19:42 EST (US)     26 / 1309       
Happy New Year everyone!

I was over a the Sunshine Coast visiting some friends for New Years. Very fun.

Not very nice weather, but I got some decent pictures of the mountains I think on the ferry.
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6676/imgp0645f.jpg
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/7396/imgp0644d.jpg
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4606/imgp0643b.jpg
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7297/imgp0642i.jpg
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/9026/imgp0639.jpg

Approximate Location: http://tinyurl.com/y9psuch

Lords: Conquest - Medieval MMOG
"Come to think of it, how many people CAN fit on a pike?" -artofmath
"How to kill the Rat: Build 20 Horse archers and 10 swords men. Laugh at him." -Lord Michael I
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 01-05-10 00:48 EST (US)     27 / 1309       
LOL Ericgolf,

Nice pics MNICY, looks cold up in the pics.

Its been snowing here, we have gained about an inch of new snow today.

*stokes the great fire in the rr*
*sets out hot drinks for chilly members*

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

ericgolf
Earl
posted 01-05-10 03:10 EST (US)     28 / 1309       
That is beautiful country there, MNICY

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Lugm Campaign Contribute a Review
WL_D Arthus
Master Illuminator
posted 01-05-10 03:44 EST (US)     29 / 1309       
Wow, it certainly is.
Really makes me want to move to New Zealand, which I plan on doing sometime in my life. I would love to wake up to that view every day instead of hearing my neighbours.

Was pretty warm here today, my PS3 died recently so i'm stuck on the wii playing 'new super mario brothers. Sounds pretty boring but it passes the time.

Also woke up realizing we planted our tomatoes too close, they are begining to look like trees
Lord Michael I
Knight
posted 01-05-10 15:40 EST (US)     30 / 1309       
Speaking about consoles and stuff, my 360 got repaired I finally can get to finish Fallout 3

A pic with a full moon in it

My Johari window.
Do you have what it takes to hold off Saladins' forces? Find out here...
"I think most people are trying to forget Aqua... Most people I know still haven't recovered from Barbie Girl" - QuickDraw
Ilmarinen
Archer
(id: Cilibinarii)
posted 01-05-10 18:02 EST (US)     31 / 1309       
Lol what a way to start a new decade lads... only on this heaven there are people who seriously get into arguments whether or not this would be the start of the new decade... lets just follow the general opinion like the innocent sheep we are ;p Happy new year all! *orders some ale*

Cilibinarii
My AOK Maps
Coll
Archer
posted 01-06-10 02:29 EST (US)     32 / 1309       
I have finished up this wallpaper in recent days hooo... also, I have new gf but Im not sure for how long

one beer for you cili

Nice pics MINCY. I wish I would live somewhere in North countries like Canada, Sweden, Finland, Norway :P

Michaels moon is nice but its not blue
WL_D Arthus
Master Illuminator
posted 01-06-10 06:16 EST (US)     33 / 1309       
lets just follow the general opinion like the innocent sheep we are

hahaha, I'll resist the temptation to continue with that topic, I don't want to cause more damage to the new RR
have finished up this wallpaper in recent days

Wow Coll, that looks fantastic!
Mind if I asked what you used to create it?
Coll
Archer
posted 01-06-10 08:10 EST (US)     34 / 1309       
thx Arthus I used classic Adobe Photoshop CS3
Ilmarinen
Archer
posted 01-06-10 08:48 EST (US)     35 / 1309       
That really does look awesome =O I wonder if I can do this stuff with the GIMP too... I do a little banner and signature pic making myself, aswell as drawing:

Henry Moore (my first portrait)

My first attempt on Serious Drawings. It should depict Henry Moore although I slightly messed up the relative distances between certain body parts. But that doesnt matter, what matters is the Drawing itself. Also, the top part isnt done, but it simply frustrates me to do the hair, so I'll leave it for later.

I mainly used pencils ranging from 2B to 6B. Its on normal paper and it's my first serious drawing after lots of childhood gibberish (I am 13 now).

"Cilibinarii" (Gimp'd)

Well a real narcist like myself would of course first make a banner glorifying himself eh! I love that "smear" function and the Old English text font. And the shades at the side. +1 for the Gimp to me. This is the first banner I made with the GIMP btw.

Tell me what you think

Cilibinarii
My AOK Maps
WL_D Arthus
Master Illuminator
posted 01-06-10 10:22 EST (US)     36 / 1309       
I used classic Adobe Photoshop CS3
I thought as much, nice work again
I have had CS4 64bit edition for a bit now, if you use photoshop allot I suggest upgrading as the performance difference is amazing.
My first attempt on Serious Drawings
You have a hidden talent then, continue to feed it because that really is a great effort

Your style would certainly favor charcole I think, have you considered trying it? Alternatively using a 6b with a smudging tool would really help you render out the little details and hide some of those heavy strokes.
again, really well done.
Ilmarinen
Archer
posted 01-06-10 12:03 EST (US)     37 / 1309       
I know, but charcoal is hard to obtain as I have no clue as to where I can get it. I made that drawing while tutored by an art student from Britain though, so it didn't pop out of the ground just like that, but it was my hand who shaped everything. She only told me where to improve etc.. One of the things she always did is keep my hands as far from the drawing as possible while I was drawing so I wouldnt smudge the drawing.. such irony!

Cilibinarii
My AOK Maps
ericgolf
Earl
posted 01-06-10 12:31 EST (US)     38 / 1309       
Hey! Great drawing, Cilibinarii

I wish I could draw. The nearest I have got to producung quality drawings is when I have done perspective drawings of room/garden plans, and those are done with a ruler so are not free hand and are more of a science than an art.

and
@LMI,
ooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhh

if that is how you type a wolf howl :P

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Lugm Campaign Contribute a Review

[This message has been edited by ericgolf (edited 01-06-2010 @ 12:36 PM).]

Coll
Archer
posted 01-07-10 02:12 EST (US)     39 / 1309       
nice drawing cili Iwish I would know draw portrets but I just cant seems to draw it...

but when Im smudging, Im using basic pencils but Im using more fantasy... try smudge some statue you drew with clout. It looks pretty cool cause it has some texture. Im using these textures on surfaces that Im drawing like lake - I choose cotton since its not so dry and hard then the others...also, you can use sticky tape on highlights :P

to your banner: well, GIMP is free programme, actually there are not much of tutorials or tricks with graphics that you can find, but when youre doing banner, basically is on some webpage, youre work is more signature since it doesnt have any look like banner, neither resolution
MNICY
Archer
posted 01-07-10 03:50 EST (US)     40 / 1309       
very cool LMI

Lords: Conquest - Medieval MMOG
"Come to think of it, how many people CAN fit on a pike?" -artofmath
"How to kill the Rat: Build 20 Horse archers and 10 swords men. Laugh at him." -Lord Michael I
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 01-10-10 02:55 EST (US)     41 / 1309       
Did you take that pic LMI? Like it.

Cilibinarii nice drawing. That is your first? Good work.
I bought this book a while back and really improved in my drawing. Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. I have found if I do not keep drawing I loose some of my ability to draw. The more I do draw the better I get.

Seraph Lady Arcola

PCDania
Archer
(id: PCD)
posted 01-10-10 06:21 EST (US)     42 / 1309       
Nice drawing Cilibinarii I hope you continue

That is a good book, Lady Arcola. I got a Danish version of the original release many years ago, helped greatly on my pictures of people. Unfortunately I stopped drawing. I felt the hours where I was lost in the process of drawing could have been used better. Maybe if I had got some encouragement and a bit of guiding it would have ended different.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
Lord Michael I
Knight
posted 01-11-10 00:29 EST (US)     43 / 1309       
A friend of mine took the pic, Lady A. He got himself this awesome camera for christmas (He recently started studying Journalism, or something like that, I dunno), and he's been taking shots at everything

Today I found my old box of legos. Man, those things are FUN I spent most of my afternoon playing around and just building stuff with them, they turned out to be pretty addictive

My Johari window.
"I think most people are trying to forget Aqua... Most people I know still haven't recovered from Barbie Girl" - QuickDraw
Coll
Archer
posted 01-11-10 08:18 EST (US)     44 / 1309       
I have whole "car" of lego me and my brothers loved it. Its not long time ago when I last built somethin with these things
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 01-11-10 22:54 EST (US)     45 / 1309       
Hello everyone. Been busy as a bee, new semester, depressing family health issues, blah.

That really reminds me of the Alps, MNICY. I need to visit the America and Canadian North-west sometime.

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\| Seraph |//--/_____/
\\//\\//
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 01-12-10 14:17 EST (US)     46 / 1309       
Today I found my old box of legos. Man, those things are FUN I spent most of my afternoon playing around and just building stuff with them, they turned out to be pretty addictive
Lego's are fun,LMI, we still have one young enough to play with them and not tell us they are to old. I always build castles.
Very nice moon pic from him. Did he take it on the 31st?

Glad to hear school is going OK Sir Hugh, don't buzz to fast.

Coll we have our lego's in a bus.

PCD you should still draw once in a while, it is relaxing and fun.

Seraph Lady Arcola

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 01-12-2010 @ 02:19 PM).]

Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 01-14-10 19:42 EST (US)     47 / 1309       
Well, I haven't tripped myself yet, but the semester continues. There might be few changes around here over the weekend.

\\//\\//
Lord Michael I
Knight
posted 01-16-10 13:49 EST (US)     48 / 1309       
Very nice moon pic from him. Did he take it on the 31st?
Yes he did
Coll we have our lego's in a bus.
Over the years I've come to own a bunch of legos. I have two 400 piece boxes and one huge 25 Anniversary box that comes with a nice shiny silver brick I have however lost a lot of pieces since my sister is the new owner of them, and she's kinda messy with them..

Yesterday I started replaying the military campaign for the original Stronghold. I've been having tons of fun

My Johari window.
NeKoeNMa
Archer
posted 01-16-10 23:23 EST (US)     49 / 1309       
Greetings fellows, first post of 2010 although I was sure I had posted something just after this Recovery Room opened. But I suppose I didn't.

Vacations are going pretty good for now, since I managed to pass all my tests. Classes now only in a month! I'll be sure to take my time and rest as much as I can so I can face off my university's last year. Wow, time flies by...

So lately I have been very obcessed about dragons. I ended up finding whole communities of therians and otherkin (you may find the second on Wikipedia). I don't know how to actually react to that, they say that in the geek hierarchy, these kind of people are considered the most crazy and are at the bottom. But I feel I actually fit in. My mind constantly proves me I am each time more and more weird. And I fear rejection. I feel I must hide this side of me because if I ever let it out, I will never again be worthy of any respect. At least at the eyes of the others. I just spit it out in here because for some members of old here, we already know each other it has been more than 6 years and I might find comprehension and maybe some help on accepting myself, or making a decision.

Or if maybe I have too much free time in my hands, and I'm going insane over it. Now my heart aches.
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 01-19-10 23:52 EST (US)     50 / 1309       
I hope your heart isn't aching too badly.

So, I got a painful burn on my back from slide tackling on astro turf...

\\//\\//
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames