You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1309 replies, Closed
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » Summer Solstice Recovery Room
Bottom
Topic Subject:Summer Solstice Recovery Room
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 01-01-10 03:12 EST (US)         

May God
grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel
So nothing
can harm you...

Laughter to cheer you,
Faithful friends near you,
And whenever you pray,
Heaven to hear you.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 10-04-2013 @ 04:30 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Rocky
Pharaolympics 2000 Competitor
posted 01-20-10 07:24 EST (US)     51 / 1309       
Just thought I'd pop in and say Hi !

How is everyone? I've been browsing here recently and the dates for some of the old posts amazed me.... where has the time gone!?

Anyway, still playing a bit of SH ... maybe I'll have a look at some downloads.

Any food here atm?

The master of making easy look hard ---- What's wrong with Scooby Doo boxers?
Cockfosters visitor via a stunt cannon ---- Fan of the Great Cornholio Tee shirt dance
Coyote ugly beauty, parrott mangler & all round good egg ---- Have leather pants will travel
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 01-20-10 14:39 EST (US)     52 / 1309       
OMG! (faints) I thought I was seeing things, but its really a post from Rocky!
Nice to see you pop in on us. Its wonderful to see you here Rocky. Its been forever.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

WL_D Arthus
Master Illuminator
posted 01-21-10 02:00 EST (US)     53 / 1309       
Hello Rocky, long time no see
Any food here atm?
Last buffet was set out on the 5th, if you find anything i suggest not eating it
PCDania
Archer
(id: PCD)
posted 01-21-10 04:28 EST (US)     54 / 1309       
Hi Rocky, great seing you

The other day I actually was thinking at what had happened to you sinse you had been gone for so long.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
Rocky
Pharaolympics 2000 Competitor
posted 01-21-10 08:17 EST (US)     55 / 1309       
Awww ... shucks gang, thanks for the warm welcome!

I've just become a grandad for the 3rd time yesterday... and i'm still a couple of years off 50!

I was sitting contemplating the other day that I hardly 'game' at all these days, so I've revamped a PC and loaded all the Stronghold & 2 + crusader, and I must admit i'm having an absolute ball. Even been on the downloads and got some interesting maps including one of my own from 2002!!!! (One of the first competitions here, make a real castle, mine was Beaumaris) Yikes, where have the years gone.

Anyway, I hope to report back with regular updates.

It's really great to see so many friendly faces from the past, I raise a glass to you all, nice also to see so many new people.

I'm just gonna sit in the corner for a while with a sausage & bacon sarnie....

The master of making easy look hard ---- What's wrong with Scooby Doo boxers?
Cockfosters visitor via a stunt cannon ---- Fan of the Great Cornholio Tee shirt dance
Coyote ugly beauty, parrott mangler & all round good egg ---- Have leather pants will travel
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 01-22-10 01:06 EST (US)     56 / 1309       
That is so neat to hear your playing again and that you have a new grand baby to adore.

Arthus LOL, the buffet never runs out of food its magic. But if it will make every one feel better we will wave that magic wand again and set a fresh one. LOL

One wonderful buffet renew Enjoy

Seraph Lady Arcola

Younghappy
Archer
posted 01-22-10 21:23 EST (US)     57 / 1309       
I'm back again. I wasn't away anywhere but the snowflakes here were crashing Firefox all time. Thanks to Sir Hugh for getting that sorted and sorry to anyone who like them

"the only thing that makes me feel safe is the fact that this is the 20th one of these camps my school has done and snakes are reptiles so they get their energy from the sun so when the sun goes down hopefully they will go to sleep or whatever they do and not decide to sleep with me when they discover there log isn't very comfortable."-scragins
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 01-23-10 00:29 EST (US)     58 / 1309       
Sorry to hear you were having trouble with them Younghappy. Its nice to see you back.

Seraph Lady Arcola

Lord Michael I
Knight
posted 01-26-10 22:04 EST (US)     59 / 1309       
Tomorrow I'll be starting an internship in a Law firm, and will be working there until I start uni (Which is in April). I'll get to learn all sorts of stuff about my future career - awesome

This obviously means no more staying up until 4 am, and no more sleeping until 3 pm Oh well, I guess it's for the best

My Johari window.
Do you have what it takes to hold off Saladins' forces? Find out here...
"I think most people are trying to forget Aqua... Most people I know still haven't recovered from Barbie Girl" - QuickDraw
WL_D Arthus
Master Illuminator
posted 01-26-10 22:11 EST (US)     60 / 1309       
I'll get to learn all sorts of stuff about my future career
Like how to get a muderer off on a technicality?
Don't be giving killers a second chance now Lord Michael

Seriously though, good luck and have fun
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 01-26-10 22:33 EST (US)     61 / 1309       
Please don't become an intellectual property lawyer. I hate most nation's patent systems.

You could do a lot of good though with all those specialty options.

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\| Seraph |//--/_____/
\\//\\//
Civis Romanus
Earl
posted 01-27-10 11:35 EST (US)     62 / 1309       
I bought this book a while back and really improved in my drawing. Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. I have found if I do not keep drawing I loose some of my ability to draw. The more I do draw the better I get.
I found the same to be true of writing.
Micah Aragorn
Archer
posted 01-27-10 16:42 EST (US)     63 / 1309       
What's the old saying..."Practice makes Perfect"
What really makes me envious is to have seen a classmate of mine in 5th grade draw like he had taken classes since birth. Some are truely blessed with talent.

[This message has been edited by Micah Aragorn (edited 01-27-2010 @ 04:48 PM).]

WL_D Arthus
Master Illuminator
posted 01-27-10 18:02 EST (US)     64 / 1309       
What really makes me envious is to have seen a classmate of mine in 5th grade draw like he had taken classes since birth
Yeah not believing in blessings I have to admit some people have a better start.
When I was in year 12 I listened to a 7 year old play Fr Elise much better than myself, I'm not talking about the boring drivel everyone plays but the piece in its entirety.

I'm certainly not the best but while being amazed it kind of hurt (for lack of a better word) that I had to put in so much effort while I witnessed someone who was almost finding it too easy at the age of 7.
Practice does make Perfect but reaching perfection can take 7-100 years
PCDania
Archer
(id: PCD)
posted 01-28-10 04:35 EST (US)     65 / 1309       
What's the old saying..."Practice makes Perfect"
Might be but Perfect is not allways the best.
I like listening to people who are good at playing acustic guitar. Many years ago there was a program on TV with the 3 best players on classic Spanish guitar performing. I eagerly awaited that program for about 2 days but only listened to about 10 minutes of it, then turned the TV off and found something else to do. The problem was that the guitarist were Perfect, not a single wrong sound was heard leading to the music getting cold, it simply got too perfect. One ended up not listening to how good the music sounded but how good they were at playing without making a single error.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 01-28-2010 @ 04:40 AM).]

Younghappy
Archer
posted 01-28-10 05:18 EST (US)     66 / 1309       
The nature versus nurture things is quite an interesting debate.
Yeah not believing in blessings I have to admit some people have a better start.
I'd agree with you here but I'd also go as far as saying some folks have better wiring too. Some folks like to call this better wiring a gift or a blessing, others say chance and good genes; whatever floats your boat.

"the only thing that makes me feel safe is the fact that this is the 20th one of these camps my school has done and snakes are reptiles so they get their energy from the sun so when the sun goes down hopefully they will go to sleep or whatever they do and not decide to sleep with me when they discover there log isn't very comfortable."-scragins
Lord Michael I
Knight
posted 01-28-10 12:07 EST (US)     67 / 1309       
Don't be giving killers a second chance now Lord Michael
Please don't become an intellectual property lawyer
lol Well, I still haven't decided on what exactly to do, but criminal law and IP are way down the list, I assure you

I'm more inclined to either going for Labour Law or Commercial law..

Oh, and my drawing skills are lame. I never got past making stick figures

My Johari window.
Do you have what it takes to hold off Saladins' forces? Find out here...
"I think most people are trying to forget Aqua... Most people I know still haven't recovered from Barbie Girl" - QuickDraw
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 01-28-10 13:20 EST (US)     68 / 1309       
This obviously means no more staying up until 4 am, and no more sleeping until 3 pm Oh well, I guess it's for the best. & Well, I still haven't decided on what exactly to do...
Hummm... I am wondering if you will find being a lawyer will have you finding many nights with late, late work. And you will be great at what ever you choose.

Truly we have some wonderful talent in our members.
Writers, computer pros, artists, scientists, lawyers, photographers and more I am sure I am missing.

Seraph Lady Arcola

Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 01-28-10 13:24 EST (US)     69 / 1309       
Firefox is being weird, it just posted my post twice. LOL

Seraph Lady Arcola

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 01-28-2010 @ 01:25 PM).]

DesertMonarch
Archer
posted 01-29-10 17:34 EST (US)     70 / 1309       
Hey there people,
Just thought I'd show my face again down here.
The nature versus nurture things is quite an interesting debate.
It truly is.
I think that you can learn a lot by practice in about everything. But there will always be point were practice just can't help you any further.
For example, Muscles are made up of fast twitch and slow twitch fibers. Most people have about an equal ratio of them. Those people can become very good sprinters but they wil always lack a cutting edge against the ones who have alot of fast twitch fibers. And thats the difference between word class athletes and the ones that are just not good enough.

You can become very good at alot of things just by practice and determination but there will always come a moment that your body has reached its limit.
Truly we have some wonderful talent in our members
I think every person has something wich he can excel in
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 01-29-10 19:52 EST (US)     71 / 1309       
But you'll never be good at anything unless you try to be; learn and adapt.

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\| Seraph |//--/_____/
\\//\\//
WL_D Arthus
Master Illuminator
posted 01-30-10 00:08 EST (US)     72 / 1309       
Went exploring for places to prospect yesterday, we found an abandoned mine complete with water channels and old shafts from the 1850s - it looked like a minefield.

I'm pretty sure we're the only prospectors to see the place since the goldrush, we unearthed a couple steel bolts and they would not have been there if someone else had checked the site previously. It's hidden from those who don't know it exists and sits on land you're not meant to be on, now I know why
Makes me want to return well equiped, they couldn't have found all the gold through instinct alone so I'll take a camera next week when we go back, there must have been a huge amount of work involved in creating the site which is kind of sad when I can do a better job with a detector in 20 minutes.
It will be my third trip looking for gold, hopefully i'll find something I can show you.
Coll
Archer
posted 01-30-10 03:17 EST (US)     73 / 1309       
GL Arthus. I will take 50% profit of your gold then :P
ericgolf
Earl
posted 01-30-10 06:01 EST (US)     74 / 1309       
Yes, Arthus, and my advice is: Don't forget to turn on your detector.

... and if you decide to use my advice then you can cut me in for the other 50% :P

Looks like he is working for you and me now, Coll :P

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Lugm Campaign Contribute a Review
WL_D Arthus
Master Illuminator
posted 01-30-10 19:22 EST (US)     75 / 1309       
How about if a Scot or Slovak decide to visit sunny Melbourne I take them out to find their own gold?

Perhaps if I find a 2 million dollar nugget i'll chip off a gram each for you guys
I live to give
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames