You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1309 replies, Closed
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » Summer Solstice Recovery Room
Bottom
Topic Subject:Summer Solstice Recovery Room
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 01-01-10 03:12 EST (US)         

May God
grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel
So nothing
can harm you...

Laughter to cheer you,
Faithful friends near you,
And whenever you pray,
Heaven to hear you.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 10-04-2013 @ 04:30 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Coll
Archer
posted 01-31-10 02:58 EST (US)     76 / 1309       
thats nice from you but how can we get to Melbourne?? I can swim but I dont know if so long...
DesertMonarch
Archer
posted 01-31-10 04:05 EST (US)     77 / 1309       
There are these things called airplane's you now
And then there are these things like jetlags...
PCDania
Archer
(id: PCD)
posted 01-31-10 06:32 EST (US)     78 / 1309       
And then there are these things like jetlags...
Does that look similar to lag in a game?
(Sorry, I've never tried flying in an airplane, only in an old Volvo 544 and we got down again pretty fast)

Edit spelling, haven't got coffee yet

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 01-31-2010 @ 06:33 AM).]

ericgolf
Earl
posted 01-31-10 10:14 EST (US)     79 / 1309       
How about if a Scot or Slovak decide to visit sunny Melbourne
Is that not the first line of a joke?:

"An Australian, a Slovakian, and a Scotsman...."

:P

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Lugm Campaign Contribute a Review
Coll
Archer
posted 01-31-10 10:34 EST (US)     80 / 1309       
ericgolf that reminds me Slovak policemen, who let send the bomb on plane that went to Ireland last month. At school teacher gave us homework to type esei with theme: I love Slovakia, Slovak language." Actually, I hate both and with this incident I really dont know what to write about
Lord Michael I
Knight
posted 01-31-10 13:25 EST (US)     81 / 1309       
Have fun prospecting, Arthus It'd be awesome if you could take some pics while you're there
Does that look similar to lag in a game?
lol

Jet lag is caused, IIRC, when you rapidly travel from one location to another with extremely different timezones. Due to the speedy change, your "body clock" will not be able to synchronize to the new time zone.

Some years ago my mom got to go to China for a business trip (At that time Venezuela was signing a Technological exchange treaty with China, and my mom went as an observer of some sorts) and she got this massive jet lag when she got home from the grueling 10 hour trip. She stayed up all night long and slept throughout the day for two days

My Johari window.
Do you have what it takes to hold off Saladins' forces? Find out here...
"I think most people are trying to forget Aqua... Most people I know still haven't recovered from Barbie Girl" - QuickDraw
DesertMonarch
Archer
posted 01-31-10 17:08 EST (US)     82 / 1309       
And for people like me who can't sleep much anyway it can be really terrible
WL_D Arthus
Master Illuminator
posted 01-31-10 18:02 EST (US)     83 / 1309       
An Australian, a Slovakian, and a Scotsman
It would be fun to see how we understand each other at least and we can invite PCD as well, I owe him a beer anyway
PCDania
Archer
posted 02-01-10 04:17 EST (US)     84 / 1309       
Jet lag is caused, IIRC, when you rapidly travel...
I know, I know, just pulling legs a bit

There is even difference in how severe the jetlag is depending on if one travel East - West or West - East. It also hits some people more than other.
and we can invite PCD as well,
Sounds good, I can help count the money when you hit gold down there but don't expect me help digging, my back would kill me.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
Coll
Archer
posted 02-01-10 06:42 EST (US)     85 / 1309       
hehe dont worry arthus will dig it all for us :P he is man of work
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 02-01-10 14:15 EST (US)     86 / 1309       
Arthus, be careful in the old mine, take some kind of GPS locater device. We would hate to loose you. Good luck on the hunt for the mother lode.

I hope it is cloudy for Groundhog day tomorrow, I am tired of this cold. Wishing for a early spring.

*~*~Refills the grand buffet~*~* Enjoy

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

Younghappy
Archer
posted 02-01-10 19:32 EST (US)     87 / 1309       
I hope it is cloudy for Groundhog day tomorrow, I am tired of this cold. Wishing for a early spring.
Well here's what we have to look forward to hopefully

"the only thing that makes me feel safe is the fact that this is the 20th one of these camps my school has done and snakes are reptiles so they get their energy from the sun so when the sun goes down hopefully they will go to sleep or whatever they do and not decide to sleep with me when they discover there log isn't very comfortable."-scragins

[This message has been edited by Younghappy (edited 02-01-2010 @ 07:33 PM).]

Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 02-01-10 22:56 EST (US)     88 / 1309       
*gobsmacked*

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\| Seraph |//--/_____/
\\//\\//
PCDania
Archer
posted 02-02-10 04:52 EST (US)     89 / 1309       
Great picture Younghappy

In other news a snowstorm is making its way across Denmark. Luckily we should only get 2 inches of snow (+ storm effect) here where I live but other places they should get a feet or more. Brrrrrrr, I really hope we get a warm Summer this year.

peter2008
Knight
posted 02-02-10 07:45 EST (US)     90 / 1309       
Walther von der Vogelweide (c. 1170 - c. 1230) sang about weariness of winter and longing for spring:

Us has winter harmed over all.
Heath and forest are both now pale
where many voices echoed that lovely.
If I saw girls in the street throwing the ball
then the singing of birds would come to us again.

That I could sleep away the time of winter!
(If) I'm awake during that while I feel hate against it (= winter)
because its power is so broad and wide.
God knows, it will leave the (battle) field to May.
Then I will pick flowers where now frost lies.

Of Honour without Fame,
Of Greatness without Splendour,
Of Dignity without Pay
- Walter Benjamin
Ilmarinen
Archer
(id: Cilibinarii)
posted 02-02-10 10:45 EST (US)     91 / 1309       
Now in Mittelhochdeutsch.

Cilibinarii
My AOK Maps
peter2008
Knight
posted 02-02-10 11:04 EST (US)     92 / 1309       
Uns ht der winter geschadet ber al ...

Of Honour without Fame,
Of Greatness without Splendour,
Of Dignity without Pay
- Walter Benjamin
Ilmarinen
Archer
(id: Cilibinarii)
posted 02-02-10 11:17 EST (US)     93 / 1309       
Hehe, post the whole of it, don't be shy now =P

Cilibinarii
My AOK Maps
Lord Michael I
Knight
posted 02-03-10 23:18 EST (US)     94 / 1309       
You never cease to amaze me, YH. Really love your pics

You guys would love it down here. It's hot all year long Just yesterday we were rolling at a cool 30C, and I live in a place considered by the rest of the country as a region with "Warm temperatures".

Last Saturday I went with some friends to play paintball. It's Wednesday and I still have some nasty bruises in my legs Plus I took a shot to the head, just above the hairline, where my mask couldn't protect me. I spent the rest of the game with gooey yellow hair Nonetheless it's really fun, I have a blast each time I play

My Johari window.
"I think most people are trying to forget Aqua... Most people I know still haven't recovered from Barbie Girl" - QuickDraw
PCDania
Archer
posted 02-04-10 04:25 EST (US)     95 / 1309       
You guys would love it down here. It's hot all year long
Ohh, sounds good. -except I must admit I have a problem with a certain Mr Chavez so maybe some time when he has got a new job.

Coll
Archer
posted 02-05-10 02:41 EST (US)     96 / 1309       
hehe well I am praying for spring but here is spring about 2 weeks and for me, its best 2 weeks of the year so I can skate and skate and skate and its not too cold and its not too hot

anyway, I would love to live in north countries like canada, sweden or norway :P
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 02-06-10 02:48 EST (US)     97 / 1309       
Then you would have to put up with this dang snow.

I just found some plants peeping up outside and tonite we got hit with more snow. Its blowing and drifting now.

Hot chocolate sounds good right about now. Enjoy

Seraph Lady Arcola

Lord Michael I
Knight
posted 02-07-10 18:53 EST (US)     98 / 1309       
So, who's watching the Super Bowl?

My Johari window.
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 02-08-10 00:07 EST (US)     99 / 1309       
ME! Oh the Colts lost and sadly at that. But hey the Saints got their very first Superbowl and they played a fantastic game. I was for both teams this year. I wanted the Saint to win because they just needed that shot. And being a Hoosier I also wanted my home team of the Colts to win. Oh well. Can't win them all.

And poor Peyton Manning, he really had a tough time the last quarter. I think that is the worst he ever played in 4th.

Seraph Lady Arcola

Lord Michael I
Knight
posted 02-08-10 07:47 EST (US)     100 / 1309       
That was indeed some 4th quarter. How many times did he get intercepted? Two? Overall it was an awesome game.

Oh, and The Who were great

I was pretty much the same as you this year, as in I wasn't rooting for a specific team. It was good to see New Orleans now has something to celebrate, though

My Johari window.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames