You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.32 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » Ah... the memories. Haven't been on here for many years.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ah... the memories. Haven't been on here for many years.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Dougleass
Archer
posted 11-19-14 11:23 EST (US)         
Hello folks. Are there still people around in these echoing halls? :P

I used to be really involved in this community, I made tons of maps. Look at my signature for a couple of them. (images are all gone though)
I even won a competition, which was fun. Stronghold is one of those few games that really consumed my life for a while, and I loved every second of it. :P

Anyways, for some reason I decided to look around here and I got really nostalgic. I loved the community.

Is there anyone around who still remembers little old me?

Check out Rome, Duomo, Troy, and Ghost.
Also, check out my campaign! First chapter, second, third, fourth, and the fifth chapter.
AuthorReplies:
The Dragonheart
Archer
posted 11-26-18 17:28 EST (US)     26 / 32       
How about we all agree to make one new map and submit them on a specific day next year? You wouldn't need to put a lot of work into them, and we could allow plenty of time for people to see the announcement and also to work on the maps (since people have jobs, families, etc).

It could inject a spark of life into the community again.

I'd be down.

[This message has been edited by The Dragonheart (edited 11-26-2018 @ 05:29 PM).]

UnikUnok
Archer
posted 01-14-19 12:14 EST (US)     27 / 32       
Well hello to all as well!

...was strolling down memory lane and saw this post!

Happy 2019 old friends!

'And they that shall be of thee shall build up the old waste places; thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, the repairer of the breach, the restorer of paths to dwell in' - Isaiah

[This message has been edited by UnikUnok (edited 01-14-2019 @ 12:18 PM).]

Sparrow
Archer
posted 03-11-19 04:13 EST (US)     28 / 32       
Hello to all. Every few years I stop back to see it anything is going on. Have not posted until now. Ahh, great memories of a fantastic game and the wonderful and talented players I met here. I don't think there'll ever be a game quite like it. 'Till next time, Sparrow.
Lord Tanthos
Archer
posted 07-24-19 17:34 EST (US)     29 / 32       
Nothing like going back and re-reading forum posts from my teen years.

Not as cringe as expected. ^_^

I have really enjoyed re-playing the scenarios I made thirteen years ago. I rediscovered them here this month and found a lot of joy and surprise in not remembering what happens in them.
artofmath
Archer
posted 07-26-19 21:14 EST (US)     30 / 32       
I just submitted a map for upload in the Stronghold Crusader: Invasions section. I wonder if it'll even be approved...

..."religion is the opium of the masses"... - Karl Marx.
Strife
Archer
posted 08-13-19 00:35 EST (US)     31 / 32       
The weeb was strong with me from when I was writing stories and things ripping off old games and other folks.

I found the disc versions still working on Windows 10 so I brought them with me when I moved 1000 miles away from anyone I knew without a job for 6 months. Priorities.

I didn't even read that I wrote the same thing last year

[This message has been edited by Strife (edited 08-13-2019 @ 00:36 AM).]

surajsubba
Archer
posted 09-08-19 12:19 EST (US)     32 / 32       
Bump!

'.___________'-._______________.-'__________.'
.--.________.-~"^'~-.____'~-.-~+=≡↵-._◊◊_.-↵≡=+~-.-~'____.-~'^"~-.________.--.
.-________'.__'.____.-~"'_________"'~-._..-~+=↵≡+-.._◊Ĭ◊_..-+≡↵=+~-.._.-~'"_________"'~-.____.'__.'________-.
'._.-'^'-._ __'-._.-~"_"'~.-=◊↵Dark Water.wip↵=~-._◊_.-~=↵Skirmish Masters↵◊=-.~'"_"~-._.-'___.-'^'-._.'
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames