This map was very fun to make. I made this map because I haven't found a good and decent...just... all out war.
- First off, you must play at "Very Hard." Very good this way.
- This map starts out with a base on one side with a huge number of macemen, and some other units, (Defence Side)
- Then the attacking force with consists of over 500 macemen come and attack. Both sides come rushing together, and slam, units go down like that.
- The second invasion consists of over 600 spearemen.
- And Lastly there are absolutely no walls in this map, just guys running at each other, very cool.
- I changed the balance of units on the map, and also the placement of some guys, which leads to a more exciting and balanced level of play. So by the end, everyone will be close to dead besides the king... excellent...
That's it, hope you enjoy this map!
I have changed the map dramatically. I have fixed everything that NAT said was wrong with it. It's got awsome scenery, no knights at the end, and a good story to top it off.
Sorry for the late update! - anyway the map had certainly improved, especially in map design where a really large amount of effort was applied. I think this is a great improvement to the previous version. The playability stayed much the same, and the balance was near perfect! However, the interesting formations and strategies that the AI put out for us had me entertained and I loved sending out hordes of macemen (up to about 600) against their attacking masses. I used my crossbowmen to take out as many as possible (I moved them to the front line) and let the macemen charge out and finish them off. It really was great fun! I look forwards enormously to your future maps, althogh I remind you that a good storyline improves the map a lot. Take more care with this, base a map on a story line rather than the other way round. This will get rid of little bugs like the date being 1066 etc. You do have a good concept of whether a map is fun or not, so this is very good news. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the map enormously so well done!