Siege the keep and kill the lord and you may win. The keep is defended by boats and traps. This is one of my first maps so please give me some comments. Could someone please tell me how to add objectives?
i recently realized that there are no trees, sorry, so you will have to buy wood.
Posted on 07/10/05 @ 11:53 PM
Map Design: 5
This map shows alot of hard work. Designing and building ships to work right is very difficult. To make this map any better would be tough. But some ideas I have are:
1) Learn how to use the new event button in the scenario editor. Email me if you need help.
2) The map doesnt need wood to play, in fact its more challenging without it. Building the army to attack the enemy stronghold is a slow and grueling process, and if you attack before you build up, you will be killed by mangonels on board at least one ship. The oasis grass that is closest to the enemy tower outpost is within mangonel range of the enemy.
3)You assigned a invasion force to attack: 10 archers, 5 knights, 5 pikemen, 5 spearman, and 1 horse knight. You set the repeat and the months to 2. This did not work, and is probably a signpost or enclosure issue in your design.
4) about 5 years in, and after I was well developed economically, the sultan computer ID kept coming on with an announcment. I dont know why.
5) The map is fun to play and well designed. Its just a matter of taking out the ship towers (and the mangonels on top of them). Once the ships are taken out its a quick assault on the keep that protects one lord. Its great for a good long challenging game. I played where if I died I would not start over, so I was careful and deliberately made my army strong. But the game closed by accident so I actually didnt attack the whole place. Good map!
6) I would make this map over as a crusader skirmish map. Then make a computer AI run the enemy city, and then you attack. This will also generate the invasion force you wanted, the computer will automatically attack if its set up right. Also making it a skirmish allows it to be played on gamespy in multiplayer with other human players! Because its such a good use of ship design, its kinda a waste making it a invasion map, especially when the invasion doesnt even work.
7) write up a quick story on it too. Just a paragraph. In the skirmish crusader maps, you can edit a story to be displayed.
[Edited by staff as part of a retrospective moderation of reviews. The additional comment by the reviewer is deemed to constitute sufficient justification of the category scores in this case and so the review stands. The author is welcome to contact staff about this. Edited by ericgolf]
[Edit – This review has be retracted by staff as part of a retrospective moderation of reviews. This was carried out to deal with the issue of some reviews not meeting the minimum standard. The content of the retracted review has been left to stand as a comment. The author is welcome to contact staff about this. Edited by ericgolf]