Description: You have just become the owner of the distant castle called the Waterfalls. It is famous for its waterfalls made naturally by the crators. Many tried to capture the castle but failed. You go and claim the castle as your own until... What's this? Someone has taken the castle before you! You begin to assemble an army to wipe out that someone's troops guarding the castle. That someone, hearing the news that you just captured his castle, immediately assembles a massive army to reclaim the castle. It is up to you to face up to that Someone, or to retreat into the distant land.
TIP: Space is limited so place your buildings wisely.
TIP: Don't dig up all of the moat, it becomes useful later on.
List of Problems
1. All mercenaries are turned off but post is available.
2. Tiny limited entrance surrounded by moat and river (waterfalls because of sloppily raised ground)
3. The troops you start with are ok, but the standing enemy army around the waterfall perimeter do not fight.
4. Player starts with alot of miscellaneous weapons and supplies. Some dont even match what is available - you get spears but cant make spearmen for instance.
5. Attacks are non existent for 10 years and then sudden attack from way too many enemy (1000+).
There is no balance on here. Either its way too easy (the beginning take over) or way too hard for what is available (the end). You start with too many buildings and some towers and gatehouses? I ended up building a wall of gatehouses, because walls are turned off (I cant tell why they are turned off). The starting goods are random, and looks like the designer just clicked randomly on the starting goods menu.
I gave this a two for creative work. It has a good basic and general idea: Waterfall isolated island of farmland. But this is not really that original, and ends up being what looks like a test map for a new designer trying to figure out how to set up a custom scenario. Poor effort.
Map Design: 2
Beginner work on a simple map with a basic type take over and defend against invasion. The map has problems and could be re-done with a whole new map (but same idea). Again, this map looks like its a map that the designer was practicing on.
2.5 for the original story in the description.
Its hard to see why someone would post maps that are quickly made and not really developed completely. Free advice: You have some good ideas. Keep on making maps, but put a little more work in the actual map and playing part.