Trapped in a backwater bayou your last hope for sanity is to overcome the odds and excel in managing your meager troops and lands. You hope redemption in the eyes of your king will come soon, or you may succumb to the madness that oftem accompanies boredom.
Map plays fine, no serious game play lock ups to report here. Its just not that fun. Why would you make a boring map?
Reasons for deduction:
1) The keep is placed on sloppily raised ground which makes enclosing it pretty tedious.
2) This is twenty years of basic market surplus selling play.
3) The three (reinforced slave) invasions are small and puny and no threat.
4) There's 9 (6 economic + 3 other: enclose, eliminate all enemy, eradicate lion) goals with a time limit (20 years). 9 goals may seem like alot, but you are easily able to reach them all in about 5 years.
5) Its just too easy and too basic. Try spicing it up a bit.
Theres nothing wrong with the economic balance, except you can buy most of the goals in the market. For instance you cant buy ale, but you can buy hops. I just made 20+ apple orchards and sold the apples left over. But the lack of a real challenge - makes this map average and too long (time balance).
Try looking at other maps for inspiration. You seem to like to make the economic maps. Thats great to specialize, but this means that you need to make your maps pretty unique for them to stand out. Use more time to get the water to look right. If you spend time fixing the little details, the map would get better ratings and therefore be more fun.
Map Design: 2
The lions are not too numerous which is good. But again, the map looks hurried and just slapped together to be able to post it. If you have a great little idea (like the river) develop it! Practicing with the raised ground tools, and more importantly making them look realistic, is key.
Average and short written work. Add more and get a storyline together, with characters and this would be a 4 or 5.
Im afraid this map will be moved into my recycle bin file. Not really enough effort was spent to make it look good, balance the excitment, or make it fun. Sorry, just try harder next time. If you make one BIG goal with a story that fits it, then you will see more positive feedback from me. Its possible others will like this more than I did.