To use this map, simply unzip to your Maps Folder in your Stronghold Directery. ( C:\Program Files\FireFly Studios\Stronghold\Maps ) It will then be avaliable under the Economics Section of the game.
A friar, that attends to a healing spring located in an old, abandand, mountainous ruin, has reported that a recent earthquake has uncovered the entrance to what he thinks to be The Lost Dwarven Mine of Theos. Legend has it that this mine is cursed, possibly responsible for the small outpost to become a ruin in the first place when they inadverntantly stumbled onto the mine and met their fate. A healer working with the padre swears that he hears Wargs prowling about at night since their discovery. Dispite all the rumors however, a consortium of merchants and engineers, along with religious officials, have financed an expedition to reopen the mine and rebuild the town. Get the mine opperational, and show a nice profit to reimburse the consortium for their investments that they have already given to the project. But at the same time, beware of The Curse of the Lost Dwarven Mine of Theos!
This mape features:
1) A large plateau in the center of the map accessable only by a single bridge suitable to build the town on and defend it from both man and beast.
2) Ample crop growing space.
3) An abundance of game animals.
4) Clerical, Healing, Trading and Engineers already in place. (The consortium's investments.)
5) A megalithic calendar complette with pointing stone and sacrificial altar.
6) The Fabled Lost Dwarven Mine of Thoes. One of the richest sources of iron ever known.
[Please, ericgolf, submit a mini map before I write a comment :). The landscape is full of choke points (and hidden pathways).]
[Edited on 03/25/09 @ 01:50 PM]
Posted on 03/25/09 @ 03:09 PM
I have added the minimap. (In the process I had to guess that the version used was v1.1)
Posted on 11/08/11 @ 03:42 AM
The "Curse" was a fun thing to play through but it wasn't that challenging of a mission and the wolfs weren't really a problem. Also the Bandts wont leave at the end making it almost impossible to complete the mission. It may have taken some people weeks but it took me an hour or 2 on very hard