With battle souls part 1 and 2
Posted on 05/20/07 @ 03:36 PM (updated 05/26/07
With battle souls
I've just woken up and something big and cold felt on my head.OUCH!!!
- What are you doing, Dyson?!
- Oh, I was just removing the mace, which you fleeced.
- AAAAA!!! Next time tell me, before doing something dirty, ok?!
- You was totally amnesiac, Walter!
- Ok, ok easy there, bro.Hey...Listen...What is that noise?
- Daciaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaans!!!Take posit...AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!
- Dammit, we're under atack!Quickly, follow me, Dyson.We must get that mangonel!Dyson? Ok you pigs, you want war, HA?!Then you'll get it!
KICK, CRACK, SPLASH, WISPS, TUP, SMASH'N'BOOM was hearing from everywhere.This was a good lesson how to fight for your live.
- Fall baaaaaack!We must notify the king for this invasion!After me!You'll survive I promisse you! - cried the colonel
However the village was totally destroyed for only few minutes.But the colonel and his men arrived at the king's castle.
- Sire!The dacians are marching toward us!You must stop them here, untill we notify the other counties!If we lost this battle, we'll lose the war!
- Wrong! -said the king. -My men are heavy trained for all situations.Even if the Dacians atack them in back, they'll still fight like lions.
- Well...Maybe you are right, but..PLYAK!!!AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!
- Enemy trebuchets!On your positions ladies!Take cover, get ready!
I and my friends survived, thanks to the colonel.We survived the first Dacian wave, but the worst was comming.The next 4 Dacian invasions in our lands will be decisive.So...We don't have much time to waste - brace up yourself and crush the Dacians.And if you and your army die, you'll become the last sacrafice needed to make Lord Malachi invulnerable.Remember him?The master of the evil.C'mon, I believe in you.You can do it.Good luck.
P.S.Player colour: black & yellow, I've made wooden wall :) see how, also I have removed parts from the minimap, because it's width was unacceptable to upload :(
|Author||Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
With Battle Souls
I have noticed that many mappacks aren’t rated; it’s sad as the authors work really hard and spend a long time to please us with their maps. Dido’s mappack is perhaps his best work, and I felt I just have to play it and leave a rating. Therefore, I did… Twice…
Playing the missions again made me more optimistic about them. Both maps gave me wonderful moments: I liked exploring the landscapes, structures and later defend the nicely designed towns – castles. The enemy units attacked well, with a tactic, but I didn’t have any problems defeating them, though. I’ve also used gold to produce a few more troops. In summary, these missions are very relaxing and enjoyable for everyone.
This was actually the main problem of both plats. The playing time was just too short: I’ve spend only fifteen minutes playing the missions. I just couldn’t accustom to the map and the castle. The invasions were nice and well balanced but you could have added more of them. Surely, this would make the missions more interesting and longer: the player could run an economy, use different tactics, etc. Usually the longer missions are more thrilling and exciting.
Both maps had their ideas, which I liked very much. The towns were created amusingly, with interesting pathways and well placed defensive structures. The design was also creative: many fabulous features can be seen in both landscapes. You can’t overlook the great use of the template maps: playing with a different color is always a big plus. All in all the maps were colorful and entertaining.
Map Design: 5
The design is very sweet and realistic. The first part was full of high plain lakes and waterfalls, mixed greatly with rocks. I also liked the boulders, which were set very well, mixing shrub and different rocks. The mountains and the oases looked sapid too. The second part was “greener”: you’ve mixed various types of scrub, added many details and the result looked great as in the first part. I also liked the hills and the river. They looked very natural. In summary, the design is the strongest aspect of both missions.
Well the story was unusual (It was written in a first person style). I found it thrilling and dramatical, the dacians were great invaders. Still i missed author's notes. (You could have written more of them)
These missions are perfect for those of you, who want a fast fight without running an economy or thinking about tactics. The exciting design and different colors make this mappack quite enjoyable and easy playable for everyone. Thumbs up, Dido!
(My apologizes for the short review, I didn’t have enough time)
[Edited on 07/09/07 @ 07:20 AM]