You don’t quite remember when all this trouble began. All you know is that all of your ancestors fought against this filthy rat. And there seems to be no end to it. After many years of battles with Lord of Allymard, you decided to take a break from it all and retired to Clunch Rock castle. Unfortunately, his spies found you or someone betrayed you. At any rate, with no army at hand and no way to go, you seem to be doomed. All you can do is wait until one of your friends will come to help you. It looks like your work caught you even here. Or you can take it as prolonged holidays…
Hints & Tips:
1. Use the army to weaken the enemy forces. The more you kill, the less will attack the walls (knights on horses are very good for such battle).
2. You have a smelter available (hidden behind the south tower).
3. You cannot build towers, only stone walls and gates.
4. You should build a quarry right after the second invasion.
5. When creating a knight, there is a chance that the peasant will not leave the gathering place when turned into a soldier (you have to move him manually).
6. When out of peasants, instead of building a house, turn off some of the buildings.
7. Manage your food carefully.
Stronghold is almost a perfect game. Sometimes I manage to create a map that looks good and is playable as well. I remember my first map Port Sestra, than Lantis and now this one. I put much effort into design and even more into playability and balance. You can have a hard time playing this map or you can finish with no problems. It vary from game to game, depending on your strategy. Enjoy!
This is a step away from most Stronghold scenarios you absolutely need to use all the tricks and traps available to you and you especially need pitch. I have to admit after trying the second massive invasion a few times and losing I gave up.
Negative things are the apothecaries which serve no purpose I know they are for city design but any decent player is going to delete them right away and probably get annoyed. Another thing is that most people like to be able to build what they want and the severe restrictions might repel people.
Very good, the fact that I lost does not affect the score at all since I can see the map being beaten by other people pretty easily. Very difficult and fun.
Like I said before, this is pretty different than most hack and slash missions. Other than what I said before its pretty average.
Map Design: 3.5
Only slightly better than average design. The thing that could be most improved is stone/rock placement it seemed a little unnatural.
The story is pretty lacking. In length and substance it didnt really grasp me.
Additional Comments:Good job with the invasions and how you defeat them; However you really should try to write more gripping stories.