The concept for this map is to hit you with incredibly dire emergencies at the beginning. To survive the invasions that come later on, you must simultaneously develop a sizable army. The map itself is simple but the beginning is very tough. (Read the WalkThrough if it's too hard to play.)
This scenario attempts to reproduce a moment of the Hundred Years War when England and France were bitter enemies. In 1348 the Black plague struck (in France). It killed three quarters of European population. I have tried to recreate this disastrous time for your fighting pleasure. The various catastrophes hit very hard and you must respond immediately (or prepare beforehand if possible). The invasions get progressively heavier. In many scenarios you struggle to develop your wealth. Here you have to live long enough to enjoy it.
WALKTHROUGH IN CASE IT'S TOO HARD TO PLAY. To survive this grueling scenario you have to do the following:
1. Shut the gates (for the wolves) immediately.
2. Make as many soldiers as possible at the barrack right away. Forget about peasants. You have enough food and gold for a long while. MAKE SOLDIERS>.
3. Make 7 or 8 apothecaries immediately to mitigate the effects of the horrible plague that comes and kills everything walking. Move your barracks away from the Keep. (fewer soldiers die of the plague)
4. Immediately Shut off ALL food and industrial production (zzz) until you have a solid xbow army.
5. Buy as many xbows as you can. Start weapon production if possible.
6. Use pitch pits to defend from armored troops.
7. Be ready for a major, major fire when the third invasion
8. When you have 40 to 60 xbows and 45 or so swordsmen you should be able to survive. (barely)
9. The only possible production is xbows, steel armors, swords, leather armor, wheat, flower, bread and cheese. You can't produce anything outside the walls.
10. Also put up two or three forward towers in front of castle to decimate the arriving invasions.
11. Firing the Keep is sometimes the only way to survive the last invasion.
Please critique this scenario. A few words will do. Good and bad points. (If it’s easy to beat or dull I want to know why).