The king’s snoopy herald overheard you talking in the pub last night and then told the King. According to him, you slandered the King and how he runs things. As the King’s only heir, he can’t kill you. Instead he decides that if you’re so smart, you can run the kingdom for a while. Before leaving on vacation though, he issues a proclamation to the villagers about how you hate Lithopolis and everyone in it. Also, he casually mentions that he has arranged a “war game” and a massive army is already outside the castle. You have to raise everyone’s spirits, and gather up an army before you’re destroyed. If you can defeat over 1000 troops before the time limit runs out you will have proven yourself to your
father. Good Luck!
This was intended to be a sort of eye-candy map using stone walls and editor tricks to encompass the whole map. This actually took a very long time to build (over 4 months in spare time) and I hope you enjoy it. I was inspired by several other map designers including UnikUnok, Listbaldia, and many others.
Note: Lithopolis means” City of stone” and is of Greek origin. My intent with this map was to create several Roman and Greek historically inspired features to create a city in a fictional setting.
Sights on the map:
• A Roman inspired sea port with merchant ships and an inner protected military harbor.
• A Roman inspired Stadium theater simulating two trireme boats (using pike men as oarsmen) attacking each other with archers.
• A Jousting Arena and two Polo matches.
• A large natural forest protected by spiked stone walls.
• A small monastery(directly above the village) and large Labyrinth in the shape of a cross
• A Multi-tiered Castle with multiple Keeps
• Several fountains and aqueducts to supply water to the farmers and inhabitants
• Water powered wheat mills
• A large open pool and heated bath
• A small Menagerie (ancient name for Zoo) featuring rabbits, deer, bears, and wolves.