Betrayal! Civil war reigns in the kingdom. The Red banner of the High King flies on two keeps. One is for the true King whom you serve; one for the cruel usurper whom you fight. You have set up a temporary war camp West of the Red castle. You have the king’s entire treasure at your disposal, and must use it wisely! Indeed you must raise a large host to storm the usurper’s castle. There are also armies of traitors abroad in the land, sworn to destroy you and your King. You must resist them while you prepare your assault. Beware! All wear the red livery of the Kingdom!
Your goals are as follow: 1. Survive all invasions
2. Raise a sizable army of armored troops. (My choice of 200 swordsmen and 45 crossbows or your chosen equivalent) 3. Storm the castle and kill the false king.
Aaaaah! One thing more, my liege! Local people claim there are TUNNELS in the mountains, East of the Red Fortress. They say they lead right into the castle. If you could find these tunnels, you would save much time and the lives of many of the king’s faithful. Fight! And may the angels of war ride with you!
- Protect your King or all is lost. (You cannot raise stone walls in the open fields)
- Defend the war camp until you are ready to assault the castle. (Perhaps crossbows and swordsmen as well as wild macemen from the local tribes)
- Find the TUNNELS in the mountains.
- You need upwards of 170 swordsmen (or the equivalent) to attack through the tunnels.
If you choose to take the castle through the main gate you will need a traditional army of melee, missile and siege troops. Victory will come more slowly and many widows will cry alone through the winter nights.
Beware! The invasions will keep coming, but your sources of revenue are limited.