Your brother the king sent out a vast army from his home castle to fight your advancing enemy.
Afraid the outcome won't be so good he orders you to meet him for a conversation to make some plans.
He orders you to go to a peninsula not too far and build a castle there as a last defence. For this purpose he already ordered his builders to begin construction of a keep and sending some hard needed building materials to the site.
He gives you some advice for the task ahead before you leave.
- Concentrate on building yourself a strong economy first. Don't expect enemy scouts to find you in the first 4 years you're there, but once they do make sure you're ready to give them a warm welcome.
- The peninsula only has one entrance to the northwest which should help securing the area.
- The marshes in the area can provide good amounts of pitch to aid in your defence.
- Our adversary mainly uses large amounts of melee european units with some backup from archers. He will send the lighter troops in first, but as soon as he finds out you're a worthy opponent expect his heavily armoured troops to attack you in vast numbers.
- It may take some time before they're sent in, but a special warning to watch out for his knights who can easily disrupt your economy if they break through your defences.
The home castle has never fallen, but your brother seems uncertain about the future. While traveling to your new castle you think about the task ahead. You're confident that you won't let your brother down...
thanks for your first map submitted to SHH.
It plays in two parts. The first one felt like a Castle builder with some accompanying noise at the borders of the estate. Then, the invasions grow in numbers and in strength of arms.
And they keep on coming in steadily. Hey, you want us to "celebrate" a massacre. Seldom have I seen such a huge one in a custom map. While the attackers are often moving forward in columns they get slaughtered by the line of defenders ...
With only one signpost where you can fire a terrible barrage at, the mission should not be hard.
Some few restrictions at the market may keep one busy with managing the stockpile.
[Edited on 01/29/10 @ 04:48 PM]
XGrimorgX File Author
Posted on 01/30/10 @ 05:03 AM
Thanks for the comment.
I've played the map quite a lot myself and changed the invasions strength and numbers several times.
I've had a quick count of the number of enemies and all invasions together it's about
15600 troops :P
The first builds had way too many archers (like 200 bows + 200 arabian bows every 8 months and way more crossbowmen overall) which gives you a really hard time. In those numbers they will inflict casualties even on towers packed with crossbowmen guarded by shields.
But your comment suggests the mission is too easy, so I should put them back in I guess :P
It's easy to get a lot of gold with your economy so making that a bit harder shouldn't be a problem too.
Disable ale buying
Disable stone and pitch buying/selling
Disable crossbow and sword buying
I might try that myself and see if it's worth uploading :)
Posted on 01/30/10 @ 08:44 AM
Started it with 90 speed, placing buildings, recruiting xbows, shields, mangonels, line of towers for mangonels and keep is enclosed.
Later... started MASSIVE buildings construction. Almost in the end of game I had about 50k, 850 workers, a LOT of ox, Inns, ~300 xbow, 15 mangonels etc.
My plan have failed... Becouse of Error.
It was to reach a limit of people/moving things in a map and to reduce invading forces/troops.
But still it was fun :)
Something like this one I have in not finished maps list (very old map.). Someday going to continue making it. :]