first of all I recommend to include a picture or two of the castle (one of ingame and one of in the aiv editor).
Moreover, I like the walls layout of your castle, but... I really don't think that the rat will do well with it.
- First of all: Always test such castles ingame, that helps to notice many mistakes and weaknesses!
- The rat will not recruit other soldiers than (European) archers and spear man, no matter what troop spots you will place and no matter if you include a mercenary post.
Next, for trebuchets, fire ballistae, mangonels and ballistae, only spots 1-3 work. Furthermore, around trebuchets/fire ballistae spots you should leave some free space - remember, the ai must build siege tents there!
- As the Rat only builds 1 quarry and has very less industry, gaining enough gold to build such a big castle with lots of thick walls and big towers will be almost impossible - or at least very hard - for the Rat.
- Woodcutters, quarries, farms, ox tethers, pitch rigs or iron mines in the aiv file are of no use at all - Rat will only place them if there are the correct resources exactly at the place where you place them in the aiv editor, which is really, really unlikely! So if there is e.g. no iron at the spot where you place an iron mine in an aiv file, the ai will simply ignore that iron mine and not build additional iron mines somewhere else. By the way: the buildings "large pond" and "small pond" don't actually exist in SHC, only in SH1, and they won't be built.
- This castle has 780 building steps, which is way too much - it will probably take ages to be completed. You placed a lot of single tiles of wall - so each wall tile will be built one after another. Try to place as much wall at once as you can as this speeds up castle building a lot! Moreover, you placed lots of single tiles of pitch - also here, try to place more pitch in one building step.
By the way: if you place walls on tiles where there were walls before, the building steps of the "first" walls will stay, but the wall tiles will be built at the "later" walls time step. Thus, before re-placing walls be sure you delete them properly or you have practically "empty" building steps that just take time for nothing.
- I had a look at your building order, and I have to say that it is not a good building order. What is positive: You placed granary, stockpiles (by the way 2 stockpiles would be enough here), armoury and trading post early, good! What is negative: After that you spend several hundred building steps for building walls and towers and gates, before placing such important things as the barracks, the houses (these should be placed almost as early as trading post and granary; and the ai will not build them before they are placed in the aiv file, running completely out of free peasants for recruiting troops or manning his buildings) or his weapon workshops. Probably the Rat will not survive long enough for producing a single weapon or recruiting any troops this way.
- You built some of the dog cages quite far away from the actual castle. I'm not sure if this is useful for defending the castle, but I understand that putting them behind the pitch would probably result in cooked dogs instead.
- Inside your castle walls is a lot of free space. Free space inside a castle is mostly wasted space, as it means that the castle could be smaller instead. And the bigger a castle is, the harder it is to defend. Especially as the Rat usually doesn't man his archer spots properly, his defenses rely heavily on the archers on his keep (even without troop spot there).
Please note that I don't want to insult you in any way. I only try to tell you what you made wrong here to enable you correcting the mistakes and/or doing better next time. Moreover, I am aware that there is not so much info about aiv-creation available (yet) and that creating own aivs for the first time is not easy. But avoiding some mistakes is important as otherwise the aiv will perform very badly or even not build up at all.
[Edited on 04/17/12 @ 03:12 PM]