- The Story
Here is a bit back ground history (Which I copied from Lotr Fandom website)
Osgiliath was the capital city of Gondor. During the War of the Ring, the abandoned city gained strategic importance as a crossing point over the Anduin, both for the Men of Gondor and Orcs of Mordor. Translated, it means, “The Citadel of Host of Stars”
- (about the map)
The map is a flat and empty wasteland. All the business and life is concentrated within the rubbles. On both sides there is a path connecting the ruined city with traderoutes. Not all the architecture is ruined and there
are some features left.
1. Three bridges,
2. Two towers for the northern Lord’s,
3. Enough room within the rubbles to build your economy and quarry,
4. Some forests that gathered together are near the outside of the ruined city,
5. Special architecture that allows you to take advantage in defending,
- (Play style recommendation)
It must be played with four players otherwise half the city will disappear at the start
I would recommend playing this map two versus two or playing two versus two using the conquest rules*
*Me and my friends created the Conquest rules to give an interesting twist to our free for all games. Basically using the option to ally during the game (Ctrl+Alt+Click on the other player's lord) you introduce diplomacy in the game leading to more complex situations
with interesting turns of events.
1. The game will be originally free for all. Alliances can be forged and broken at will. The only restriction is that you cannot break an alliance while
you have troops in your ally's castle. Doing so is considered a backstab, It can be agreed upon starting the game if such actions are tolerated or not.
2. When a player's keep is occupied and his lord survives he can either swear oath to the conqueror and fight by his side or run in exile and wait for an opportunity to return.
3. Everything else is permitted.
- Good Luck and thank you for taking time to look!