I often play this on SHC scenario. So I think I should also share this unique map designed by myself because it's pretty fun to play.
Note: This map made in version 1.41
=== Overview ===
This map is a Tower Defense style scenario. However, you can't build tower in this scenario. Instead you should use your units for your defense. It's mainly composed from cliff terrain. The maze also constructed from stone wall. Your keep is located at end of the cliff maze; southeastern near coast.
In this scenario, many essential building has been set, so you should not worry about economy. You just need focus on your defense. This map is relatively normal difficulty, but it will be hard if you are careless. However, you can custom this map to increase difficulty as you like.
Your available units for this scenario is only ranged unit: Archer, Crossbowman, Arabian Bowman, Slinger, Arabian Horse Archer, and Arabian Fire Thrower. You can also train Engineer to build portable shield, fire balista, and use oil smelter.
=== Hints ===
- Make sure you assign one of Fletcher's workshop to produce crossbow. You will not get crossbow if you forget to do this.
- There is three usable tower on cliff. Long ranged units is best placed there.
- There is also brazier located on several spot. You can use them for Archer and Arabian Bowman to increase their power.
- Hire slinger too. They have high fire rate and best placed on edge of ground cliff. This will help as archers often can't fire enemy that protected behind wall maze.
- Use also horse archer, put them on patrol line.
- Enemy's foot units often ascend to stair and walk on the wall. This is intended to expose them to your archer before they walk on ground; protected by wall maze. The horse mounted units will take ground route instead.
- Portable shield is best to protect archers on cliff. Because when enemy's archer start parcitipating on invansion, they will deal great pain to your defense.