You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold 2 and Legends: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, peter2008, Doomsword

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold 2 and Legends: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » GR2 Editing?
Bottom
Topic Subject:GR2 Editing?
Serros_1
Archer
posted 12-02-14 00:10 EST (US)         
Does anyone have any knowledge about editing GR2 files? I understand the basic premise, but I've been unsuccessful in finding a program that can edit them. (not that I have much experience with 3d editing) What I'm trying to achieve is relatively simple. I just want to stretch and resize a few models.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stronghold-2-imperium-condita
AuthorReplies:
Doomsword
Earl
posted 12-02-14 06:35 EST (US)     1 / 4       
I don't think it can be done without Granny 2.

/\.........................../\
/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
/_/./././|||||||||||||\.\.\.\_\
/_/./_/{||||||||||}\_\.\_\
/_/......X..|||..X......\_\
Duke Chris
Archer
posted 12-02-14 11:59 EST (US)     2 / 4       
Granny 2 is just a viewer, AFAIK. Though I've never done anything with it so I don't know, viewing is all I have been able to do with it for several reasons.

And you have to have granny viewer to at least view the file content.

But note that if you're messing around with the game files, you should have a file backup - which I'm sure you already will have

My Stronghold fansite: http://www.strongholdnation.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Duke Chris (edited 12-02-2014 @ 12:02 PM).]

Serros_1
Archer
posted 12-02-14 14:03 EST (US)     3 / 4       
I have Granny viewer, and I understand basically how it works. Although if anyone could tell me how to load textures inside the viewer, that would be most helpful.

What I'm looking for is a round about way to edit the GR2 files. For example, a way to export them into something like blender or 3ds max, edit, then export them back to a GR2 file. Any thoughts?
Doomsword
Earl
posted 12-02-14 17:43 EST (US)     4 / 4       
The Granny Viewer is just a viewer but the files are called gr2 because they were produced using Granny 3D. Nothing converts to gr2, people have been trying for years. The only player who has modded a gr2 file was Frankoman and he only was able to do it because someone at FireFly did it for him. (Elongated a shield for Roman Legionnaires.)

Don't give up though, maybe just see if you can get Granny 3D, it's getting old.

/\.........................../\
/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
/_/./././|||||||||||||\.\.\.\_\
/_/./_/{||||||||||}\_\.\_\
/_/......X..|||..X......\_\
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames