You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold 2 and Legends: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, peter2008, Doomsword

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold 2 and Legends: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » SH3 Camera
Bottom
Topic Subject:SH3 Camera
Serros_1
Archer
posted 01-14-15 14:26 EST (US)         
So I was recently playing Stronghold 3, and I was fiddling around with the one good feature of the game. The 360 camera. Pretty cool what kind of shots you can get with it. But that got me thinking. Is there any difference between that system, and SH2? I know the sky box is different in SH2, but whats to stop someone from finding a way to implement the 360 camera into the game? My skills are insufficient to do something like this, (if its even possible) but I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the idea. Do you guys think it could be done?
AuthorReplies:
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 01-14-15 15:50 EST (US)     1 / 5       
I'm not sure what do you mean exactly, both of them have 360 degrees camera view, and both of them have free camera mod?

By the way, beside this fact, Stronghold 3 and Stronghold 2 don't have the same engine. As far as I know...
Serros_1
Archer
posted 01-14-15 16:25 EST (US)     2 / 5       
In SH2, the free view mode is limited. For example, you cant get the camera to look up from the ground. While in SH3, you can look straight up into the sky. Unless I'm missing something. (if I am, let me know)
But as for the game engine, yeah that's what I thought. Still would be cool.

For example, you can't get a view like this in SH2

Doomsword
Earl
posted 01-14-15 18:31 EST (US)     3 / 5       
In SH2 the graphic image for the sky isn't a ceiling it's just a backdrop.

/\.........................../\
/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
/_/./././|||||||||||||\.\.\.\_\
/_/./_/{||||||||||}\_\.\_\
/_/......X..|||..X......\_\
Serros_1
Archer
posted 01-14-15 22:07 EST (US)     4 / 5       
Precisely. That's what bothers me about the camera the most. There is no dome. Everything is from the top down. You can't even get a straight on point of view. Everything is tilted down slightly. I just wish there was a way to mod this.
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 01-15-15 03:04 EST (US)     5 / 5       
Now I understand what you mean... It seems like part of the game, and to modify that I guess one would need to modify the exe file as well, and that may not be allowed. If he knows what to do with exe file in the first place.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames