You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Custom Map - Restricted castle build range
Bottom
Topic Subject:Custom Map - Restricted castle build range
DoubleJesus
Archer
posted 05-18-20 00:03 EST (US)         
For multiplayer purposes, my group finds most of the maps to be too small. From what I understand 400x400 is the largest map possible in Crusader engine, this still feels too small and often neighboring enemies can build castle towers so close to eachother as to harass economy.

We prefer castles to be used defensively rather than offensively like this. Is it possible for castle building range to be reduced?

Do you have any other methods for making the maps feel larger? Hoping to delay the action slightly, not rushing to build a tower in enemy base at game start.
AuthorReplies:
Timballisto
Archer
posted 06-09-20 22:09 EST (US)     1 / 1       
You could always do something like make a map with a lot of marshland in it, slowing troop walking speed significantly and restricting usable building area. You could also make a map that has a lot of trees on it which need to be chopped before large towers can be placed. Another idea you might consider is preplacing moat belonging to a player that's not on the map. Large moated areas between players would require a lot of digging and slow the game down, but would eventually allow players to build in a larger area than what they start with. You can also use varied terrain heights to create natural barriers between players that take a long time to move past.

-DOOMBRINGER-
"DOOMBRINGER, make a parking space IMMEDIATELY!"
"DOOMBRINGER declares it to be SO!"
"DOOMBRINGER, I command you to lay siege to THE ISS!"
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames