Please login or register

The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: FATES'S PORTAL: NO ACCESS! - Reader/Author Communication Thread
posted 02-02-05 11:01 EST (US)   
This is the Communication Thread for FATE'S PORTAL: NO ACCESS! a sequel to the now archived story FATE'S PORTAL. Members are welcome to contact the author or to post comments about the story in this thread. All communications, including your complementary or critical comments, are welcome; but please do not post comments in the Story Thread.

This story's posting pace will be somewhat leisurely so expect days to pass sometimes between additions. Also, I strongly recommend that you take the time to read FATE'S PORTAL to enhance your understanding of the characters and setting of this sequel.

Thanks for giving my story your valuable time. I hope it makes whatever time you spend worthwhile.

Here's a link to the STORY

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 06-03-2005 @ 03:45 AM).]

Replies:
posted 02-04-05 18:57 EST (US)     1 / 9  
I have two questions. Is the story about a time travle facility I couldn't realy tell and do you wan't people to tell you ideas for the story's progresion?

And they smote all the souls that were therein with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them: there was not any left to breathe: and he burnt Hazor with fire.
-Joshua 11:11

posted 02-04-05 20:56 EST (US)     2 / 9  
Thorium: Thanks for your message.

The opening post is an attention getter to cause the reader to become curious. I reveal more detail as I progress through the plot.

No, I am not asking for story ideas. I open a "communication" thread so that readers can chat with me about the story as it progresses. This way, the conversation doesn't appear in the body of the story when it goes to archives. It's just a way of doing it I developed over the years of story telling in HeavenGames. However, you are free to ask me whatever you'd like, except I won't answer a question that gives away the plot or the ending.

To help you understand the story better, Thorium, you really should read the first story FATE'S PORTAL in the Story Archives. Just go to the new story thread's header post and click on the link. It will take you to the first story. Read it at your leisure and then follow the new story. Everything should be a lot clearer to you.

posted 04-04-05 21:30 EST (US)     3 / 9  
Hi readers. Is this thing making any sense?
posted 04-04-05 22:22 EST (US)     4 / 9  
Civis I am having no problem following it, I take it as you are going to get into two sets of time dimension disruption?
Enjoying it so far.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~
posted 04-19-05 16:26 EST (US)     5 / 9  
Well, an honest try at a mixed bag of a post at No. 17 in the series. Hope nobody's eyes were offended or intelligence insulted. Cheers!
posted 04-21-05 04:35 EST (US)     6 / 9  
I am truly enjoying this one Civis, nice twist, I am now worried about Marrion.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

posted 04-21-05 15:15 EST (US)     7 / 9  
Lady Arcola! My loyal fan! Thanks. My fingers start to twitch every time just before I hit the mouse to post an entry of that kind. Then I just take a deep breath and let it happen.
posted 05-13-05 00:56 EST (US)     8 / 9  
Nicely done Sire! .... *waits patiently (not) for the next post* Very suspenseful.

Seraph Lady Arcola

posted 05-21-05 15:45 EST (US)     9 / 9  
Civis you closed that nicely. Great Story!
I will sticky it for a few days so people can read it now that it is finished.

Seraph Lady Arcola

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 05-21-2005 @ 04:00 PM).]

Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » FATES'S PORTAL: NO ACCESS! - Reader/Author Communication Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames