Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Technical Issues » Graphics Issue - Black patches
Bottom
Topic Subject:Graphics Issue - Black patches
bojiggles26
Archer
posted 03-02-20 15:30 EST (US)         
Hello, first of all I'd like to start off with a link to another forum post I was referring to for this issue:
http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=ct&f=26,3934,30,all

I tried to research this issue and I tried several of the recommendations on this page to no avail. I keep having this issue.

Here is an imgur link to a screenshot of what the issue looks like:
https://i.imgur.com/D8LtjQ2.jpg

More description of what happens:
I load the game and everything loads great. There are no issues with the graphics, and I can load the map pictured above without this issue displaying. The issue comes about when I create mountains and then try to add a waterfall. Once I select the waterfall and try to place it everything goes wonky.

I am running Stronghold 2: Steam Edition on an older laptop. I've attempted clearing the cache, deleting the Stronghold2.GraphicsSettings.xml, and adjusting the graphics before I completely load the game. Everything works great each time! But as soon as I go to place those dang waterfalls, boom, black patches and white lines skipping all over the place.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
If I can provide any further information please let me know and I will do my best to get it for you.
AuthorReplies:
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 04-05-20 04:37 EST (US)     1 / 1       
Hi, I've seen this same thing myself. I don't know if it can be fixed. The best thing to do would be not to save changes to one map file, but to go with map1, map2, map3, and so on. This is the best way to undo the changes and try to avoid transparent mountain sides as you've showed.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's Steam Edition. I also have Steam Edition, and I don't remember this bug from before.

I mean, I'm not sure that this has anything to do with your PC. I believe that, if you shared this map with others, they would also see transparent mountainsides like you do.

[This message has been edited by EaglePrince (edited 04-05-2020 @ 04:39 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames