This is the map from Mission #5, Between a Rock and a Hard Place, from the campaign. It has been modified to make it playable as a Freebuild Map.
With the changes made by the New Patch (1.02), where events and invasions can now happen in a Freebuild, Freebuilding may just be worth revisiting.
To use this map, simply unzip to your Maps Folder in your Stronghold Directery. ( C:\Program Files\FireFly Studios\Stronghold\Maps ) It will then be avaliable under the Freebuild Section of the game.
The following modifications have been made to this map:
1) The orginial Wooden Keep has been replaced by a Small Stone Keep with Round Tower and Flag Pole attached.
2) All fords have been modified to accept drawbridges.
3) The North and South Islands have been joined at the ford between them to circumvent the awkward alignment of the drawbridges that would have connected them and to provide greater continuity in building a castle that encompasses both islands.
4) A double Stone Quarry site has been added.
5) A double Pitch Rig site has been added with accompanying small bog.
6) Two hidden Iron Mines sites have been added. (HINT: They were originally mined by Dwarfs.) (Warning: They are both well guarded.)
7) Animals have been added.
8) All orginal events have been removed, all structures and trade goods have been enabled and starting goods have been set in keeping with standard Freebuild levels.
9) The orginal sign post has been retained to facilitate the new Freebuild Events and Invasions.
Have Fun and Enjoy this map that was one of the most exciting of the campaign, now with all the bells and whistles.