(Since this contains 3 maps and uploading a minimap is required I chose one random minimap, trying to post this without a minimap crashed the webpage & made me have to rewrite everything)
Map pack containing the first 3 maps I created returning to this game 2 decades later now with the HD version. All maps are inspired by irl locations and contain landscape features commonly found in post-glacial regions:
1) Drumlins landscape, large size, features 1 big drumlin with space for fortifications, some smaller drumlins, a river with swampy banks, a smaller creek. 3 waypoints are on the left edge of the map to the west, north and south.
2) Lakeside landscape, large size, features 1 big body of water, 1 river flowing into it, hills to the north and north-east. 3 waypoints of which 2 are situated on either side along the lake while the third waypoint is in the hills to the north-east.
3) Alluvial fan, medium size (feels small), features a mountainside to the north with some small plateaus, a large body of water takes up the south and naturally in between a partially dried up alluvial fan. 2 waypoints are situated along the eastern and western edges of the map on the narrow paths between mountain and lake.
1) Plenty of wood and game but no iron or stone, has some pitch in the swamps which can be a trade good, the large drumlin is a good location for a multilayered defense, the smaller drumlins can be used for perimeter towers. There is some limited amount of space for agriculture downhill. I recommend building a wooden castle with limited stone if any. It is not possible to dig motes.
2) Plenty of space for everything, can do plenty of agriculture but has no stone or iron or pitch. Trade is easy and gets you wealthy. I recomment using a large stone keep. Digging motes is possible but only really viable against the north. The river is a naturally defensible position for a city.
3) Very limited space, some game and wood present but likely to run out eventually, does have a lot of stone to conduct trading while the plateaus have space for 4 to 5 cattle pens. I recommend using a small keep. Diggin motes only really works against the east, but is a very viable defense option on this map.