Stone Walls with Wooden Spikes
This clever trick that has sprung off from the wooden walkway trick is rarely seen in stronghold maps but gives an interesting effect.
The five steps are shown in the diagram below going left to right:
1. Place some stairs with a piece of crenulated wall
2. Attack and ruin the staircase.
3. Build wooden wall all over the top of the damaged stone stairs creating wooden walkways.
4. Now damage the wooden walkways by attacking them with enemy men.
5. You can then build over the wooden wall with normal stone wall to give the desired effect of a mixture of stone and wooden walls! The wall counts as being stone wall and can certainly be used an alternative for crenulated wall.